Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
slivel
Please be on the lookout for my black 914/6 race car and white enclosed trailer. These were stolen in southern California from the shoulder of I 15 near Norco southbound side last night after two tires blew out during the transit home from Willow Springs.
Description: Black 914/6 conversion with Sheridan body (Ultimate 914). Vin number: 4752922908. 3.4L six, Weber 46's. Engine number 64C3872.
The trailer is a white Calen with unique features: double door left side, elevated ramps for car to facilitate exit of car within trailer by opening car door.
Trailer California license plate number: 4BO9640
Pictures follow. Owned and raced this car for 20 years - an old friend.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
carr914
That Sucks!

Hope for a Safe recovery
smokey
agree.gif

Eyes open !
Around my town.
I live south of Santa Cruz .
smoke.gif
shoguneagle
Sorry to hear about the theft! It is like someone taking your family member!
We had a theft a couple of years ago in Barstow along I-15 and my car was stolen; got it back but lost all the parts that went with it. I hate thieves and liars. I DO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!

There is a strong ring or rings of people who prey on people and vehicles broken down or traveling in this area and the Inland Empire. The police seemingly do not do anything about it. What can one do??? I do not know but something has to be done.

I hope you get it recovered and get the son of bitches punished! May they roast in Hell!!!
rgalla9146

Beautiful car.
They picked up a loaded enclosed car trailer with two blown tires from the shoulder of the road ?
Big flat bed for that theft.
Big country in that area.
That sucks.
I hope it is recovered.
slivel
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 5 2016, 08:25 AM) *

Beautiful car.
They picked up a loaded enclosed car trailer with two blown tires from the shoulder of the road ?
Big flat bed for that theft.
Big country in that area.
That sucks.
I hope it is recovered.

FOUND!!
I received information via a homeowner that my trailer (and car) were in front of his house. The trailer was disabled from a broken axle when the thieves tried to move the trailer on 3 wheels. One side was without wheel and was chained up so as not to drag on the ground. The other side had a small undersized wheel/tire that probably failed causing the axle to break. They then abandoned the trailer and parked it along side the road. Later that same night the trailer was subsequently hit by a hit and run driver - probably drunk. The trailer was spun sideways and back onto the sidewalk and the back ramp/door was sprung enough for the homeowner to see inside. He could see the Black Forest banner on the back of my car and he checked the internet for the business address/phone number. He saw on social media the stolen car pictures and he then called Black Forest and talked to the service manager. After exchanging information, I then called the homeowner who had already called the police and were on the scene.
Bottom line: while the trailer/car is not yet in my possession, it is in a secure impound.
Thanks to all participated in spreading the word via social media. It certainly played a part in the return of my car.
Trailer is probably totaled but the car looks intact.
Steve

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ndfrigi
Thank you Lord! Hope the car is intact!
Randal
So glad you got the car back!

Last year at the Laguna Historics there was a guy who had built a great device for tracking trailers.

Was something like this <http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Tracking-Device-Trailers-Vehicles/dp/B008980YZQ> but not sure if this is the same guy.

In any event I'm not taking my trailer anywhere without one of these anymore. BTW they have some nice apps that will notify you as soon as the trailer moves.

SirAndy
QUOTE(slivel @ May 15 2016, 07:27 AM) *
FOUND!!

smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
Congratulation.
AlanG
That's great news!
dlee6204
Wow glad it was found!
smokey
rocking nana.gif

smoke.gif
carr914
Obviously not the smartest thieves! Glad you got your car back.
Geezer914
Time to break out the tire irons and open a can of whoop ass! Glad you got the car and trailer back.
jim_hoyland
Great news ! smile.gif Seems like enclosed trailers are becoming the low hanging fruit for thieves..... Several friends have installed LoJack in their portable trailered vehicles and equipment....
EdwardBlume
Happy to see it found. i hope everything inside is intact!
bulitt
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 16 2016, 08:13 AM) *

Great news ! smile.gif Seems like enclosed trailers are becoming the low hanging fruit for thieves..... Several friends have installed LoJack in their portable trailered vehicles and equipment....

I agree lojack that car, or throw an old cell phone with gps in it when trailering, and even the "tile" wifi locator might be effective.

Awesome news on the recovery! biggrin.gif
eric9144
Very glad to see this had a happy ending! first.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Man, go buy a lottery ticket or 50 of them.
Heater Guy
I blew a tire on my car trailer last weekend on I5 near Buttonwillow due to the crappy condition of the highway.

Luckily I only blew one tire and I had a spare so I didn't have to leave my trailer parked on the highway. Maybe, some day, the State will use our gas tax money to repair the roads so we don't blow tires, wreck suspension and get our trailers stolen.

The poor condition of California's highways is a crime!

Take the money from Jerry's train and fix the highways.

Series9
Regarding wheel locks and the fact that they mostly prevent the owner from removing a wheel, I have started telling customers:

"If you feel like wheel locks are necessary on your car, then you should reevaluate your priorities by spending less on your car and more on your neighborhood."

I suppose the same philosophy might apply to one's state/area of residence, in general.

When people ask me for the keys to my car or truck, I reply that they can be found in their natural home: the ignition of the vehicle. I don't lock anything or remove keys from my cars or boat or scooter or motorcycle, and if I start feeling like I have to, I'll move.

I'm really glad you got your car and trailer back, but I'm very surprised that anyone in the SoCal desert would leave a trailer on the side of the road and expect it to be there when they returned.
Han Solo
Glad the trailer and race car were recovered. I did note the Porsche crest on the rear door and suspect that prompted the theft. I've intentionally left "racing" off the graphics on my enclosed trailer. It's simple "Hairy Ant Nest" which hopefully deter thieves least they end up like this...

IPB Image
porschetub
QUOTE(Han Solo @ May 28 2016, 05:46 AM) *

Glad the trailer and race car were recovered. I did note the Porsche crest on the rear door and suspect that prompted the theft. I've intentionally left "racing" off the graphics on my enclosed trailer. It's simple "Hairy Ant Nest" which hopefully deter thieves least they end up like this...

IPB Image

True about that and funny agree.gif my friend,keep it low key,hell even a budget racecar is a huge $$$$ investment,put toxic waste stickers on your race trailer perhaps confused24.gif
Heater Guy
QUOTE(Series9 @ May 26 2016, 05:12 PM) *

Regarding wheel locks and the fact that they mostly prevent the owner from removing a wheel, I have started telling customers:

"If you feel like wheel locks are necessary on your car, then you should reevaluate your priorities by spending less on your car and more on your neighborhood."

I suppose the same philosophy might apply to one's state/area of residence, in general.

When people ask me for the keys to my car or truck, I reply that they can be found in their natural home: the ignition of the vehicle. I don't lock anything or remove keys from my cars or boat or scooter or motorcycle, and if I start feeling like I have to, I'll move.

I'm really glad you got your car and trailer back, but I'm very surprised that anyone in the SoCal desert would leave a trailer on the side of the road and expect it to be there when they returned.

No emblems on mine. Was going to paint on "Gardening Services", but then they would think i had lawnmowers. Then I thought "Crime Scene Cleaners" would be better.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Heater Guy @ May 28 2016, 11:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ May 26 2016, 05:12 PM) *

No emblems on mine. Was going to paint on "Gardening Services", but then they would think i had lawnmowers. Then I thought "Crime Scene Cleaners" would be better.

Sewer and wastewater pumping
Series9

"Feminine Hygiene Waste Disposal"
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Series9 @ May 30 2016, 07:07 AM) *

"Feminine Hygiene Waste Disposal"

Yeah, you win on that one....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.