Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werks Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Registered today and thinking of attending one other event; if Historics are Saturday, it would make for taking great weekend.

Who's going to any of the events that week ?
smokey
I will be @ werks on Friday .
1986 / 930
In the concourse .

My build is being submitted by Patrick M Az. Green 3.2 Wide .
Should take 1 st in its class . PM has pulled off a number one car . 1st and 2nd Werks

shhhhhhh !
slap.gif
Don't tell any one ...

piratenanner.gif
smoke.gif
smokey
Yep !
Two cars .
One place.

smoke.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(smokey @ May 2 2016, 06:56 PM) *

1986 / 930
In the concourse .

Should take 1 st in its class . PM has pulled off a number one car . 1st and 2nd Werks

shhhhhhh !
slap.gif
Don't tell any one ...

piratenanner.gif
smoke.gif

Cool ! Please post a pic here so I'll know what to look for.... smile.gif
smokey
It's going to color next week .

smoke.gif
Michael N
Nolan and I will stinking up the town all week starting on Tuesday with the Carmel Concours on the Ave. We have a better camp site at the track this year overlooking turn 5. Just registered for Werks Reunion.

Click to view attachment
Wyvern
^^^ the turn 5 camp site is great !

I'll be at Werks and Laguna
Entered in Concourse ... interesting as the classes aren't posted yet, (I am looking at special interest or something like that... I talked to Tom Provasi at a recent Concourse clinic and he said he is really pushing "fun" rather than the white glove thing.
Dominic
I'll be there again this year. This is a great event, if you are in Nor Cal you have no excuse poke.gif There were only seven 914's in the corral last year, so it would be nice to see some cars come out for this event. The only 914's in the concourse (on the lawn) were entered by patrick motorsports.
I'm thinking of entering our restored 73' 2.0L, but its not all original, so I need to enter it in the "Outlaw" category biggrin.gif

jim_hoyland
I'll be in the non-judge corral in the copper '75; want to see the historic races Saturday too
smokey
blink.gif
Ferg
I'm a strong maybe this year. Putting together what cars we are bringing to the track this year and working on lodging this week.

piratenanner.gif
Dominic
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 3 2016, 04:42 AM) *

I'll be in the non-judge corral in the copper '75; want to see the historic races Saturday too

Jim,
The historic races are going on from Friday through Sunday, just be prepared to park in the dirt/grass at Laguna Seca. We were there last year for Sat & Sun but it was way too hot to enjoy the day. Hope you get cooler temps this year.
This year, I'm heading down on Tuesday to attend the Carmel Concourse on the Avenue event, not sure about Wed and Thursday yet, but I will be at the Werks Reunion on Friday morning then head down to Cannery Road on Friday afternoon for the Exotics on Cannery Row (free event)...my two boys have to see their exotic super cars (as if the Werks Reunion isn't enought biggrin.gif )

Cheers,
Dominic

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 3 2016, 07:29 AM) *

I'm a strong maybe this year. Putting together what cars we are bringing to the track this year and working on lodging this week.

piratenanner.gif

Speaking of lodging: Yikes ! Prices are through the roof. any suggestions ?
Ferg
I used to rent a killer place in pacific grove but new ownership and they are wise to the weekend.

I cannot offer up much, but likely better to rent a small place with friends than any solo room.

If I don't stay with the colorado crew I may try and drive the rv out and camp.
jacquot
We usually stay at the Blue Sky Lodge in Carmel Valley, however,
Over the years, friends have stayed at some hotel/motels on Fremont St, Monterey.
Rodeway Inn and Econo Lodge are under $150 per night.
These places are definitely not the Ritz, but they have been clean and their cars have been safe. Also, a few decent restaurants within walking distance and an easy drive to the track.
Having said the above, it has been about five years since we have attended the events.
Wyvern
The Fremont St hotels that week have gone CRAZY ! For Friday night Both Quality Inn & Comfort inn is at $400 ! Thursday is a bit less.
And most are booked .

Even if the track is hot (and even if you don't want to pay silly corral prices) the Porsche tent will be there think it is a key or registration to get in .

For lodging ... as you now know you need to plan way ahead for this .. But Salinas (always a "fun" time is often a good option"

I have a friend with land in Salinas (I have reservations in Salinas) ... but may go all out and camp at his place .. I can ask if others would be welcome.
jacquot
My bad, had booked earlier on Fremont St, when prices were much better.
Dominic
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 3 2016, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ May 3 2016, 07:29 AM) *

piratenanner.gif

Speaking of lodging: Yikes ! Prices are through the roof. any suggestions ?

All of the hotels/motels are off scale high during this week. You may want to try AirBnB or similar websites for a short term stay. Last year, I ended up staying in a place deep in the the redwoods between Carmel and Big Sur.

For any active or retired military, there may be some rooms available at the Presidio of Monterey.

Good Luck in your search!
smokey
A third car is being entered.

smoke.gif
smokey
Double down !

welcome.png

RARE 6
Planning to be there in the corral for Werks Reunion. Don't know what other days or activities. Road trip time in the -6.
smokey
The

smoke.gif
jim_hoyland
Withdrew my registration; accommodations a little too pricy.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 6 2016, 05:11 PM) *

Withdrew my registration; accommodations a little too pricy.

I went to this event two years ago. I had to go north to Castroville to find an affordable place to stay. Not the greatest place but it was OK for one night. You can also try Salinas or Watsonville.
RARE 6

Registered for Werks. Probably will do Saturday at the Historics and in the Porsche corral there and catch some of the free events earlier in the week in the area. Middle of a month long road trip that includes the length of the coast from the Seattle area to San Diego.
Dominic
The website below lists all of the events for that week...

http://www.monterey.com/events/monterey-car-week.html
RARE 6
Registered for Werks Reunion, non-judged. We'll be in the middle of a month-long west coast road trip so concours makes little sense. Not our inclination anyway. Also registered for the Porsche corral Saturday at the Historics.
smokey

Hey guys !

Front splitter in development. ( PatrickMotorsports )
The car will get a rear defuser also .
Two , or three vertical fins set between the rear pipes. With a rear bottom splitter facing back . Also a 4 inch rear sheardan wing . The same wing that is on the LiL Basterd
The nose will have 4 splitter connectors . Ty downs .. whatever . The rear will also have four . From the rear wing to trunk . Upper

Color is the full car color of this car . Not the stipe color .
Pantone something ? I don't know .......hee he .

piratenanner.gif

smoke.gif
garrettlee2
I'm trying to get it 100%road worthy. Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Cool 924. I'm starting to like nice examples now. Crazy huh?
Wyvern
Just finished and submitted the "Bio / info" for my cars Werks sign.
It is hard to tell a story in 600 characters ...
smokey
popcorn[1].gif
Mueller
QUOTE(RobW @ May 22 2016, 06:36 AM) *

Cool 924. I'm starting to like nice examples now. Crazy huh?

^ditto, I've always liked the 924, I even had a Revell (?) model kit many, many moons ago.

hmmmm....that gives me 66 days to get my 914 registered and running. I think I can do it.
wes
How about a head count on how many are going?
michael7810
I'm driving from Phoenix in the 944. My plan is to spend Wed in LA and drive PCH on Thursday to Carmel. Then attend WERKS on Fri and Historics Sat/Sun. Anyone want to caravan the PCH drive? The trip is my retirement gift to me. Can't wait to go. Hope to meet other World members.
smokey
QUOTE(smokey @ May 2 2016, 06:56 PM) *

1986 / 930
In the concourse .

shhhhhhh !
slap.gif
Don't tell any one ...

piratenanner.gif
smoke.gif

sad.gif

The delivery date on my build has been set back. Patrick M
will not be submitting my car. I have not talked to James about that. I am sure he is bringing something . I will update . That's if he tell me .. Hee he

The 1.7 will be there in the concourse. The Tubo is down . It needs two new fuel pumps . A coil , and the Oh shit ! It is leaking oil from the oil return line to the turbo. . A very time mmmmly one . All the injection needs to come off . 15 plus hours ..
Dam !!!

Fun ! Fun........
Right ?

smoke.gif
smokey
My

pete000
Pending authorization from my work if they are going to pop for the trip...
wes
I'll be driving fr Ukiah Ca. The 19th or possibly the 18th. I'll be parking my yellow "74" in the PCA car Corral.
I'll go to Carmel for the Werks reunion if I can make it early enough Friday.Click to view attachment
smokey
rolleyes.gif
2mAn
QUOTE(Michael N @ May 2 2016, 09:54 PM) *

Nolan and I will stinking up the town all week starting on Tuesday with the Carmel Concours on the Ave. We have a better camp site at the track this year overlooking turn 5. Just registered for Werks Reunion.

How did you get that camping spot? Its been a dream of mine to camp there
Michael N
QUOTE(2mAn @ Jul 20 2016, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ May 2 2016, 09:54 PM) *

How did you get that camping spot? Its been a dream of mine to camp there

Camping spot thru SCRAMP months ago. The cool deal is I get priority for the same site before it opens up for registration year after year. Last year, I had a site that is know as hang glider point because of the wind focusing on the site as it comes up the side of two hills in the afternoons. I had to tie my tent off to a tree above to keep it from snapping the fiberglass poles on the tent and collasping the entire tent. This year, I upgraded my site location and am very happy. Bummer is that school for Nolan starts on the Wednesday of car week. He is starting junior high and he can not miss the first week.

Wyvern
I will be at Werks on Friday (after taking part in the 718 "launch / festivities" on Thursday) and at the at the track Saturday. Maybe Sunday as well.
I am volunteering at Werks and at the PCA tent Saturday.
Working on logistics but I may be the Pace car on Sunday for the F1 cars. That may end up being a photo op.

Hope to say "HI" to ya drunk.gif
Wyvern
Hey .... check out the Photos of cars in the Concourse from the WERKS FB Page.

WERKS FB
KevinGieg
Heading down to Werks on Friday morning from the east bay tri-valley. The Teener is apart so taking the 911. There might be a caravan with the Diablo PCA like last year. Any one driving a suby conversion?
Wyvern
There will be a diablo caravan on Friday morning .
I am going down earlier . ... Look for details
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.