Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A duh... Moment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dtjaden
I've been working the last few days getting my car ready for the WCR after it has had a few months winter rest. Some background: the engine is a 2056 with Megasquirt engine management, ignition and fuel injection.

Just before I put it to bed for the winter installed a cam position sensor, thanks to Mario at the Dub Shop. With the cam sensor I changed the ECU from semi-sequential FI to sequential and ignition from wasted spark to fully sequential.

Today during a short drive I noticed engine was pinging under load. I tried backing of the advance a few degrees but that did not eliminate the problem. So the next step was to check the timing. I have an Innova variable timing light and it works correctly with wasted spark by setting the cylinder count to 2.

Sitting here with a glass of wine beer3.gif I just realized that the 2 cylinder setting on the timing light would result in the actual advance being twice as much as I thought...duh.

I'll be back at it tomorrow to correctly set the timing and hopefully eliminate the engine's pinging.
Bulldog9
Well, I can start you in the right direction, dump that wine down the drain and go get a beer.......... beer.gif
Dtjaden
QUOTE(Steve Pratel @ May 2 2016, 09:20 PM) *

Well, I can start you in the right direction, dump that wine down the drain and go get a beer.......... beer.gif

I knew there was another issue headbang.gif
era vulgaris
Nah man, give me the wine and then go get a beer. And while you're at it grab me a beer too. beer3.gif
r_towle
Set it to three....three is the magic number.
walterolin
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 3 2016, 11:44 AM) *

Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(walterolin @ May 3 2016, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ May 3 2016, 11:44 AM) *

Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

av-943.gif

clap.gif

Well played, sir!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.