Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know where this goes? Bueller?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

The car is finally all back together but I can't seem to figure out where this connector goes. Seems to be a ground with double male spades. It's just to the right of the climate control and near the wiring for the seat belt light (which I deleted, but left wired). I assume it's there for the radio, but want to make sure I didn't forget to hook something up.

Anyone? Bueller? Thanks!

Click to view attachment
Cupomeat
Hmm, does not look stock to me. Is the wiring Brown? If so, it could be a ground doubler, letting you basically do a jumper with the two spades.

Hope this is helpful!
mgp4591
Can you physically trace it to it's source?
Chris914n6
I'm pretty sure if you pull it apart it will be the standard female connector with a double male insert piece.
Brown is ground, so whatever is missing one...
914Sixer
Probably the ground on the heater controls.
jkb944t
agree.gif

It either goes on the top or the bottom of the heater control frame.

Jeff B
jkb944t
I was actually able to find a good picture of the ground wires on the heater control. The double ground should hook to a single ground lead coming off of the heater controls.

Click to view attachment

Jeff B
cary
Click to view attachment

What year is the car ?
I have the entire harness for my 73 project car hanging on a rack. I'll look at it this am.
I'm more inclined to think its a ground for lights. Just to be safe make sure its not carrying 12 volts. sad.gif . Then check continuity to ground when you pull out the light switch. All those grounds start at the cigar lighter. The easier to read 74 schematic doesn't show anything real out of the ordinary on current track 1 & 2.
iankarr
Thanks Guys for all the responses. My car is a 73.

On my climate control (euro style), there's a wire coming from the top of the upper lever on the unit which is plugged into the ground illustrated in the above photo, kinda forming a loop. (Can't take a pic cause it's in the car and a BITCH to get that bolt in!). I'm not sure if I did that to keep things tidy when I pulled the unit, and of course it's the one thing I don't have a "before" photo of. It looked to me like the unit was grounded through the bolt attached to the frame, but I guess it would make sense for that top wire to be attached to one of the spades in the dual ground. The ground on the bottom of the unit, illustrated in the above photo is male, so no way to marry to the ground, which is also male. Though in many states, that's now possible:).
ntmatter
There should be a matching brown male connector in the same are under the dash, no idea what it goes to but I had to plug this together on mine just recently.
iankarr
QUOTE(ntmatter @ May 4 2016, 11:43 AM) *

There should be a matching brown male connector in the same are under the dash, no idea what it goes to but I had to plug this together on mine just recently.

Thanks. A matching double female?
ntmatter
I believe so, yes. I was looking around with a flashlight to try to figure out what it went to and there was another (I'm pretty sure) double brown wire right there. It was the only spade connector anywhere feasible, and continued the line east-west across the underside of the dash.
cary
I went over my 73 USA harness. I don't see anything like it.
iankarr
Thanks, Cary. I wonder if it's a euro thing. My climate control is euro, I don't have a windshield vin and my tail lights are euro. I really need to get a COA.
jkb944t
QUOTE(jkb944t @ May 3 2016, 03:49 AM) *

I was actually able to find a good picture of the ground wires on the heater control. The double ground should hook to a single ground lead coming off of the heater controls.

Click to view attachment

Jeff B

The double ground wire is at the bottom of the picture with the connector that goes to a single ground wire.

Jeff B
cary
I'll shoot a picture of that fat ground at the bottom of the picture tomorrow. It's goofy looking, but thats not it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.