Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 in old news real
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Millerwelds
KCRA news out of Sacramento was doing a piece on the most damaging fires in California and during the Oakland Hills fire coverage they showed the following.

Click to view attachment

My wife and I were like "whoa" beerchug.gif
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ May 3 2016, 10:20 AM) *

KCRA news out of Sacramento was doing a piece on the most damaging fires in California and during the Oakland Hills fire coverage they showed the following.

Click to view attachment

My wife and I were like "whoa" beerchug.gif

That was just before I bought my first 914. I watched the fire come down the hills from the UC Berkeley dorms in 91. When the evac was ordered for my dorm I walked over to my GF dorm a few blocks away. It was interesting to see the panic in the eyes of the first time away from home kids living in the dorm. I went back about an hour later (after the chaos) to grab my books and bike. It was like a ghost town in there almost like a looting. I remember one home on the hill that the FD was trying to protect for hours, fire surrounded it and it went unscathed for so long, it was sign of hope. Then finally it caught, everyone scrambled to get away, it went up so quick.

The whole experience was sureal, I had a much higher respect for FF after watching that one close up.
ConeDodger
Cameraman is a friend. Steven Parmley. A Z car guy and long time KCRA camera jockey...
Mueller
Is that Otmars(?) car?

I could be way off on the name, brilliant software engineer type guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.