Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914 (not)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Millerwelds
As seen in my office parking lot today. No I do not work at the Mongolian BBQ. I work upstairs so I get to smell it all day.....

Cool car. First time I have seen one in the flesh. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
matthepcat
I like it. I would daily drive it.
Steve
There at Cars & Coffee in Aliso Viejo every Saturday
rick 918-S
Love that car, hate the wheels. I would drive the hell out of it!
Mark Henry
What's with the front plate? huh.gif
wndsnd
Sexy. wub.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 3 2016, 03:01 PM) *

Love that car, hate the wheels. I would drive the hell out of it!

Those wheels look like horse shoes welded together. av-943.gif
mepstein
One of our customers has the first one in Delaware. He has his shop walking distance from ours. It's a fun car
Cairo94507
I agree - love the car and absolutely hate the wheels. They would have to be the first modification.
SKL1
It's basically a new Elise without a stick... had an Elise and loved it. Should have kept it. THAT was a new 914!!
The Alfa is neat but IMHO needs 3 pedals!!
Tom_T
The Alfa is THE reason why Porsche should be building a smaller, lighter & more nimble sub-Boxster "914 Redux" - instead of "badge engineering" the Boxster with 718! dry.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SKL1 @ May 3 2016, 10:19 PM) *

It's basically a new Elise without a stick... had an Elise and loved it. Should have kept it. THAT was a new 914!!
The Alfa is neat but IMHO needs 3 pedals!!

What the!!!! Auto? What a letdown... dry.gif Fugly wheels and an auto trans... screwy.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 3 2016, 11:00 PM) *

The Alfa is THE reason why Porsche should be building a smaller, lighter & more nimble sub-Boxster "914 Redux" - instead of "badge engineering" the Boxster with 718! dry.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

agree.gif
JOEPROPER
Nice car. Looks like it needs bigger brakes... Don't like the wheels either.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 4 2016, 06:05 AM) *

What the!!!! Auto? What a letdown... dry.gif Fugly wheels and an auto trans... screwy.gif

Yeah, automatic 3-speed. blink.gif

No, it's a great gearbox, but has flappy paddles instead of a shift lever.

6-speed TCT (FPT C635) Dual Dry Clutch Transmission

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_4C
tomrev
Very cool car, but too bad the US version is over weight. Close to the Elise for cool factor, but my Elise is 1980lbs, with 265HP, and wonderful gear ratio spacing.
rhodyguy
IIRC the top is like the one on the Elise. On or you leave it at home for top off driving. No in car storage. Impractical for distance driving.
jvmarino
As already mentioned, the gearbox is a dual clutch paddle shift unit, not an automatic.

The 4C has a fixed roof. The 4C Spider has a folding targa top that can be stowed in the trunk.

I personally love the wheels, as they are very open looking and tie into the past wheel designs used on Alfas in the last 20 years. In the end it is all a matter of individual taste. The car is supposed to be a hoot to drive, but will wear most people out on a long drive.
slotty008
Wheels look OK to me, and the car looks terrific!
siverson
Car looks neat, but I'm guessing I don't fit in it...

-Steve
somd914
Keep in mind the 4C starts in the mid-50's and goes north of $60k. So it's not a bargain in comparison to Porsche.

Agree the Elise is lighter, handles better, is a targa, but it comes in not at 265 Hp but at 190 Hp normally aspirated and at 220 Hp in the supercharged version, but only 262 SC's found their way to states.

Our Elise is by far the most fun to drive in comparison to our 914s and 911. It's just an absolute ball, and so basic by modern standards - you drive it unlike so many cars today where the computer systems greatly assist the driver.

I've seen a few 4C's but haven't driven one yet. But from what I've read, it is a bit of let down but still a respectable car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.