Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: A Complete Set of Tail Shift Linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Korijo914
I just baught a 5-speed tail shift trans. My 914 is a '73 which came with a side shift trans (will be up for sale soon).

So in the mean time, I am interested in a complete set of tail shift linkage. I will pay for quality. Does anyone know where they could be baught new? Let me know what you have.

Thanks,
korijo
bdstone914
Tail shift trans use a different shifter too. Are you saying your 73 was factory equipped with a tail shift? Never seen that.
euro911
My '75 had a tail-shift trans (and the shifting components) in it when I acquired it dry.gif

It has the correct trans now, but some POs do the strangest shit to these cars.
mepstein
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 3 2016, 09:24 PM) *

My '75 had a tail-shift trans (and the shifting components) in it when I acquired it dry.gif

It has the correct trans now, but some POs do the strangest shit to these cars.

Backdating a trans. That's really strange
bdstone914
How does that work with the larger tail shift rod going through the hole in the firewall and the ball pivot?
confused24.gif
rhodyguy
It doesn't.

Are you one of Dave's sons?

Don't sell the side shifter just yet.

Are you working on the blue car?
euro911
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 4 2016, 03:56 AM) *
How does that work with the larger tail shift rod going through the hole in the firewall and the ball pivot?
confused24.gif
A PO installed this, with no less than 26 rivets blink.gif

IPB Image

... and when I drilled the rivets out, this what was greeted me

IPB Image

Which prompted me to fab a plate and install a Tangerine spherical shift bushing

IPB Image
Korijo914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 4 2016, 09:35 AM) *

It doesn't.

Are you one of Dave's sons?

Don't sell the side shifter just yet.

Are you working on the blue car?

NO rhody! It's me! I am still kickin'?!

Yeah, it is the blue car. The tail shift is a 5-speed trans. I am keeping the 4 cylider, but I want to build some low end torque so I can accually use the lower gears. I will carb it, maybe even add nitrous, because its for my kid. Maybe turbo.

Hey, you live in Tacoma now? I have been looking for some help to put my 924 back together so I can trade it for a Dodge Magnum. I want to sell it at the Mecum auction in Portland.

Hope to see you soon,
korijo
mepstein
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 4 2016, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 4 2016, 03:56 AM) *
confused24.gif
A PO installed this, with no less than 26 rivets blink.gif

IPB Image

... and when I drilled the rivets out, this what was greeted me

IPB Image

Which prompted me to fab a plate and install a Tangerine spherical shift bushing

IPB Image

I believed you. I figure the po had the parts from an early car and rather than do the "right" thing they did what they did. A " trans backdate".
euro911
... and welcome back, Dave beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.