Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: April Fools Not
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Hey Scott I like Blue What ya Think Of the BLUE BEAST
spare time toys
Its ohkaaay biggrin.gif I hope mine looks that good when done. Whats the grey speckel trunk paint? I like it
spunone
In Case anybody whats to know It's A RAT MOTOR by Doctor Raby happy11.gif
jd74914
Looks good. I like the blue and silver. smilie_pokal.gif

Any engine specs? HP ratings?
spunone
Going on the Dyno Today 2316 rolleyes.gif
mike_the_man
Meh, it doesn't look that special. rolleyes.gif

Who am I kidding, that thing is frickin amazing! I'm extremely envious! Thats a very bling oil filler neck, too!

spunone
Thanks I made that filler neck can't have a motor by Jake with a plastic filler ya know cool.gif
Jake Raby
Thanks guys!!

Thats the "Original Annihilator".... She should be good for around 180 ponies of 2316cc.

It's on the dyno as we speak warming up, getting ready for a thrashin...

spunone
MOtor looks to good to put in the car .Looks like I'd better clean up the engine compartment gotta have bling for the beast aktion035.gif
Jake Raby
Have it Line-X ed I did it to ALL my cars and it makes the carbs quieter too!
spunone
Gonna get er done Line X .Thanks for The Motor Jake who said you hang art on the walls beer.gif
swood
Gotta ask...how much$$??? biggrin.gif
spunone
50 thousand but thats with out headers ..... April Fools not that much really for what you get.If your serious just ask Jake he aint shy happy11.gif
anthony
If you have to ask, you don't want to know the price. :-)

But for a ballpark idea, go to Jake's web site and price a kit, price carbs, and then imagine what labor and dyno testing would cost.
Jake Raby
Pricing a kit is not a good judge...

The kit isn't custom.

An engine like this is around a 10K expenditure hot off the dyno and 100% ready to install..

Now that we are only using FI for all engines the price increased to about 11,500.00-12K

BTW- Teener owners are the only ones that ever ask me prices before I tell them in my phone conversations....

whats very cool about this particular engine is that spunone sells some stuff to my main competitor and that person offered to build his engine.... Even though they are pretty much neighbors and the other guy would have done it cheaper spunone still sent it 2350 miles across country to me!

For that he got a few extra tricks not on the invoice!
914werke
Now that we are only using FI for all engines the price increased to about 11,500.00-12K

shouldnt the cost go DOWN using electronics?

BTW- Teener owners are the only ones that ever ask me prices before I tell them in my phone conversations....

there you go again Jake Dissin teener heads, Probably no one is making judgment calls on the worth just whether its in thier reach. rolleyes.gif

spunone
Hae aint dissin just making a statment ya gotta love us 914 guys and yes what Jake said is true .You have to feel good about somebody before you give them your hard earned Green and thats why Dr. Raby built my Motor.Nuff said Thanks pray.gif
Jake Raby
Over time the prices will drop on the FI and we have it pretty cheap if you compare to the only other full system from Weber thats 3700 bucks.

With the FI the throttle bodies cost as much as what a set of 44mm carbs used to cost, but now they are double that IF you can find them..

I wasn't dissin the 914 group, just stating the fact that as a general rule this group is the most money minded of all those I deal with... Nuttin wrong with that, just an observation that I have come to.

The reasoning I came up with is that the "other" items needed to get a teener up on the road is a bit more than the stuff the other guys may experience and if they are rebuilding a complete car that makes a difference on what they can spend on a power plant....

As we get faster with installs of the EFI and get more fuel maps the prices may drop a bit because the work will decrease on this end and due to volume the electronics will drop a bit too.

It takes 3 times longer to dyno an FI engine than a carb engine at the present, but we'll get faster and better as time progresses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.