Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auction alert 7May
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Yeah, I've been watching that on Craigslist for a few weeks now, more out of curiosity than anything else (no space or time or wife's tolerance for another project). The auction will actually be near Point of Rocks, MD (south of Frederick near the Potomac). It's about 40 minutes from my house, and I was thinking of driving there Friday afternoon when they'll have stuff out for inspection and review, but now work is trying to get in the way mad.gif
914dave
The Vette and teener remind me of Jim's (type 47) cars. They wouldn't be his, would they?
BeatNavy
I didn't think of that, but the more I look at the pictures on the auction site the more I don't think it's Jim's. I know he had a white 914 in his garage. I saw it a few times (along with his two other teeners and 911). I never saw a Vette nor recall him talking about one.

Apparently this teener has less than 43K on it.
914dave
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 4 2016, 09:08 AM) *

I didn't think of that, but the more I look at the pictures on the auction site the more I don't think it's Jim's. I know he had a white 914 in his garage. I saw it a few times (along with his two other teeners and 911). I never saw a Vette nor recall him talking about one.

Apparently this teener has less than 43K on it.

I didn't think it was. Don't remember Jim's car having the stripes.
iwanta914-6
When I posted this on the Porsche 914 Group on facebook about a month ago, some people in there knew the owner who passed away and they intend on at least trying to buy it at the auction. They referred to the car as "Baby Doll", assuming that was the name given to the car by the owner that passed.
BeatNavy
Oh, now I know. Yeah, that wasn't Jim's.
Dion
Wasn't "Babydoll" Ken's (Zymurgist) car? Those are Ken's vehicles. They are on his signature.

Miss ya Ken R.I.P.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Dion @ May 4 2016, 05:32 PM) *

Wasn't "Babydoll" Ken's (Zymurgist) car? Those are Ken's vehicles. They are on his signature.

Miss ya Ken R.I.P.

Yes, this was Ken's car. And I understand before that it was, in fact, Jim McLeod's car. At least that's my understanding (it was before my time here).

Is this Baby Doll, already for sale again on Craigslist?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5584172738.html
SirAndy
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 17 2016, 05:58 PM) *
Is this Baby Doll, already for sale again on Craigslist?
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5584172738.html

Yes, the VIN matches ...
sad.gif
Chris H.
Is someone flipping it??? Ken would be so pissed.
iwanta914-6
I wonder what the auction price ended at...

Dang flippers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.