Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When a 1.8 is not actually a 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gisound
Ok, maybe a dumb question. But.... Went to look at another 914 for a friend. The badge on the rear says its a 1.8 But when I looked underneath to peek at the pans I noticed the heat exchangers were definitely 2.0 The ends where they attach to the exhaust/muffler were short and mostly straight. Which to me indicated 2.0 not 1.7/1.8 which I thought had more of a longer run of pipe that has a definite rise to them before the exhaust flange. Am I wrong to think this car might actually have a 2.0? Will the 2.0 heat exchangers even align with the 2.0 heads? WTF.gif Couldnt get into the engine bay to look as it was at a small dealer that was closed for the evening.

Blair
r_towle
All heat exchangers fit on,any motor.

The big different would be the case number, and the three bolt intake bolts or four.
pete000
Check the spark plug locations, the 2.0 heads are different than the 1.8
jimkelly
2.0 exchangers need a 2.0 muffler and a 2.0 muffler hanger too. regardless of engine used on.
914Sixer
1.7 and 1.8 plugs are on top of the engine tin. 2.0 is on the side.
stugray
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 4 2016, 02:18 PM) *

All heat exchangers fit on,any motor.

The big different would be the case number, and the three bolt intake bolts or four.

agree.gif

Count the nuts that hold the intake manifolds on the head.
4 bolts -> 1.7 or 1.8
3 bolts -> 2.0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.