Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts wanted - Brisbane, Australia
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DaveO90s4
Dear all, as the title says I'm looking for:-
1. A muffler system to bolt to my 1.8 L single pipe each side triangular flanged three bolt headers. Local shop will make me a system for A$550, but if anyone has a good system reasonably locally I'd be interested;
2. A job lot of rubber 'bungs' for the various holes (no, not the rust holes, the round punched ones) in the sheet metal beneath the fuel tank, including the large 100 mm hole on the front right. Or suggestions where I can buy these locally.

Yes, I could import from US, but the freight costs dwarf the pric of the parts themselves. And I'm in a hurry, as always.

Thanks all

Dave

rick 918-S
These ones?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=283674

BTW: Did I say welcome.png
ndfrigi
I have this after market muffler attouched to the original 75 1.8 Heat exchanger that I only used for less than 200 miles.
If you will keep the 75 or 76 heat exchanger this is exactly you need unless you are planning to replace your heat exchanger to early one.

The 100mm hole underneath the fuel tank or along the steering rack you are referring probably the access
hole to check the fuel lines? there is no rubber cover for that? but you should have a steering rack (rectangular) metal cover underneath to protect the steering rack and brake system.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Downunderman
Dave,

Welcome to the madness. I have a complete 2 litre exhaust system laying in the shed. Its a bit rusty but will clean up OK. Let me know if you want it. Otherwise, try Anthony Donoghue sic914@hotmail.com, as he is the Sydney parts hoarder.

Cheers,
DaveO90s4
Thanks all for your replies (and thanks to the mod. for moving my post to the correct section. Sorry 'bout that).

Rikk - yes those grommets too. I'll see if I can find anything suitable locally this weekend.

ndfrigi - yes, that looks like the sort of thing I'm after, but shipping costs from 'there' to 'here' are a killer. Thanks anyway.

Howard - that sounds promising. Can you please check to see if the flanges on that exhaust are compatible with the flanges on my headers, as shown in the photo I posted at the top of this thread? If so let's chat. And thanks for the email address, I'll follow up with him too.

Regards

Dave
orrzone
Dave,

You could try Clark Rubber for grommets
They probably have stores in Brisbane

Regards
John
rhodyguy
If 'complete' is everything you might consider backdating the entire system. It is considered an upgrade. Given prohibitive shipping costs from out of country it is an option.
barrym
Yep, clark rubber have a decent selection of grommets, both blank and with holes - not overly cheap tho - a couple of au$ each...
barrym
Also - take a photocopy of the gasket & email it best mufflers in Carlton, Sydney - he carries a big stock of exhaust parts
Downunderman
Mine's different.
DaveO90s4
Good suggestion - yes got the grommets from Clark Rubber

Howard, I may well still be interested in your exhaust. I may be changing to dual pipe per side headers, in which case your muffler system may fit. So let's not dismiss the transaction yet?

Cheers

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.