Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Early Rear Rubber Bumper top support bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Steve
WTB: Early Rear Rubber Bumper top support bracket.
Click to view attachment
Sorry about the poached picture from garage thread.
Steve
icon_bump.gif
bdstone914
I have this under cowl support that can be used to make one,. Had it set aside for you as the swap meet but me did not connect on this. Free if you pay shipping.
Bruce
matthepcat
Steve, sorry to steal your thread but I am curious what the length of the bracket that supports the bumper top is?

I am making my own out of aluminum.
Steve
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 9 2016, 06:04 AM) *

I have this under cowl support that can be used to make one,. Had it set aside for you as the swap meet but me did not connect on this. Free if you pay shipping.
Bruce

Thanks Bruce!! What an offer!!! But.. I have a fender brace that is also the correct size. I might end up cutting that down if I cannot find the factory part.
Thanks for the offer though!!!
Steve
QUOTE(matthepcat @ May 9 2016, 08:00 AM) *

Steve, sorry to steal your thread but I am curious what the length of the bracket that supports the bumper top is?

I am making my own out of aluminum.

From my experience it will need to be welded to the frame. I tried to use an L bracket and rivnut the lower part to the frame. It bends down to much with the rubber. Maybe the 914rubber bumper top is too thick. Welding the brace to the upper lip of the body like stock would fix this.
matthepcat
I just made one out of aluminum and it seems to be working with the 914 rubber bumper top. Not perfect but seems to be doing the job. (Time wil tell)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.