Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 in Orange County, anyone seen this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
boxstr
http://philneweysportscars.com/vehicle/5046/
I got a call from a friend about this car, asking me if I could advise. The pics and description leave something to be desired.
Has anyone seen this car and know more about it?
Thanks.
Craig at CAMP
JeffBowlsby
Its obviously not original paint. No engine bay photos?
Blue6
Yes, went and looked at it last week. Just looking at the front cowl will give you an idea of the rest of the car. No salesman available to show it when we were there, but from what we saw its a $2,000 car... Let me know if your serious, it's not far from me..
Twonicks001
I believe you'll find more photos of this one on eBay.
rhodyguy
The bondo on the fender/cowl junction is gross.
Cuda911
QUOTE(Twonicks001 @ May 7 2016, 09:58 PM) *

I believe you'll find more photos of this one on eBay.

Yep, it's on ebay with way better pix. As mentioned above, it is obviously not original paint (even though seller claims that it appears to be original). Plenty of rust. Way overpriced for the condition, IMHO.

Here's the e-bay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-2-door...em=252380986209
banananose914
There was also a large amount of cobwebs and dirt underneath the car. It looked as though it had sat outside for a while. The bondo on the cowel is certainly something to be concerned with as well. Not impressed.
Perry Kiehl Clone
Good thing the hydraulics on the headlights are good smile.gif
Frankvw
Yes..it is on Ebay and bids go up...looks like the askingprice will be met despite of state.
rgalla9146

Isn't the plural of gap, gaps ?
Obviously original paint .
Chris H.
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl Clone @ May 8 2016, 10:43 PM) *

idea.gif Hydraulic headlight conversion...that would be expensive.
rhodyguy
"Very minor fix". Both sides.
nathansnathan
Weird it has late jack mounts in the rear trunk. An early enough 72 to have non retractible seatbelts? Looks like a late parking brake lever.Looks like they glued the glass of the rear view to the arm directly. Cowl bondo scares me.
malcolm2
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl Clone @ May 8 2016, 10:43 PM) *

thanks for reminding me.... it is time for a headlight fluid change, I am at 10,000 miles. driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.