Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB side shift knuckle joint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stugray
I noticed last night that my cone screw on the shifter knuckle right behind the firewall was crossthreaded and not seated fully. blink.gif

I was able to get the screw out and back in correctly, but now I am nervous that it could give up on me at any time.

Next weekend is my first race of the season, and I don't want to break down for something that simple.

Does anyone have just the "knuckle" piece for a side shift linkage?

I would love to have a spare just in case. And I would pay extra for shipping to get it to me before next thurs.
boxstr
Is this it.
Craig at Camp
ndfrigi
QUOTE(stugray @ May 6 2016, 08:13 AM) *

I noticed last night that my cone screw on the shifter knuckle right behind the firewall was crossthreaded and not seated fully. blink.gif

I was able to get the screw out and back in correctly, but now I am nervous that it could give up on me at any time.

Next weekend is my first race of the season, and I don't want to break down for something that simple.

I would love to have a spare just in case. And I would pay extra for shipping to get it to me before next thurs.

Hi, you mentioned the cone screw was crossthreaded, I was thinking you may need the shift rod from shifter to firewall (from tunnel that exit the firewall) and not the coupler like in the picture above. If the shift rod was not inserted properly, the cone screw will be force to make new hole to hold the rod. If I'm right how i imagine the crossthread.
stugray
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 6 2016, 03:06 PM) *

Is this it.
Craig at Camp

Yes. That is it.
I was not even aware that the left half even came out of the shift rod like that.
I thought it was welded in.

Anyway. What do you want for it?
I also have a lot that I could trade if you want to throw out a list of parts you might be looking for.
bdstone914
That is a 911 shift coupler. It will work. You do not need the shaft sticking out.
stugray
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 6 2016, 06:22 PM) *

That is a 911 shift coupler. It will work. You do not need the shaft sticking out.

Are the plastic bushings identical? I have a brand new set already.
boxstr
Pm sent.
Craig at CAMP
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 6 2016, 04:22 PM) *

Hi, you mentioned the cone screw was crossthreaded, I was thinking you may need the shift rod from shifter to firewall (from tunnel that exit the firewall) and not the coupler like in the picture above. If the shift rod was not inserted properly, the cone screw will be force to make new hole to hold the rod. If I'm right how i imagine the crossthread.

Don't think that could happen. The cone screw head will strip long before you can force it into the rod. Besides, the shift rod is too hard.
bdstone914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ May 7 2016, 06:34 AM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 6 2016, 04:22 PM) *

Don't think that could happen. The cone screw head will strip long before you can force it into the rod. Besides, the shift rod is too hard.

agree.gif

You may want to get a time sert and fix yours as a back up. The threads do get loose and damaged. If the rod is not aligned with the hole you will not get the screw started by more than a thread if at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.