Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update: Wiring harness for the fuel injection is extremely brittle and breaking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcav
I replaced the injectors and no more leaks.

I was driving doing 40-45 and it ran as it always did, then started driving real well with felt more power. then a fuel line popped of the injector and died out.

I pulled over and put the line back on and now it wont start. do i need another new injector on that side now?
timothy_nd28
Make sure the resistor pack is still plugged in
stugray
QUOTE(jcav @ May 6 2016, 05:18 PM) *

I replaced the injectors and no more leaks.

I was driving doing 40-45 and it ran as it always did, then started driving real well with felt more power. then a fuel line popped of the injector and died out.

I pulled over and put the line back on and now it wont start. do i need another new injector on that side now?

1st step after that experience: Buy a nice new fire extinguisher.
you were very lucky, go buy a lottery ticket, quick
jcav
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ May 6 2016, 04:31 PM) *

Make sure the resistor pack is still plugged in

what do you mean by resistor pack? i guess i could google it haha
jcav
So the 1.8 is acting like it wants to start but wont
jcav
update, the fuel injection wiring harness is snapping like potato chips....
boxsterfan
http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/

Note: You were very lucky if a fuel line popped off of one of your fuel injectors and the car didn't catch fire. I'm guessing that the fuel injector harness popped of and not the actual fuel line which would have spewed gasoline all over.

jcav
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ May 7 2016, 10:33 AM) *

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/

Note: You were very lucky if a fuel line popped off of one of your fuel injectors and the car didn't catch fire. I'm guessing that the fuel injector harness popped of and not the actual fuel line which would have spewed gasoline all over.

Oh no it was the fuel injection line, and yes there was fuel all over
Jonathan Livesay
Gas leak and bare wires, what could possibly go wrong?
jcav
Well the car is parked for now, but will be doing a harness replace when i get back from school in Germany in July
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.