Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need seat help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jamie
I would like to find a driver's seat more comfortable than the original in my all original '73 teener, because my butt padding and the original seat padding are both rather thin. It should be interchangeable with the original so that I can easily switch back and forth, to be more comfortable for longer driving events. Cost is of course a consideration, but finding a seat that will fit is where I need the help from the collective brain trust here. So what seat am I looking for that will fit? confused24.gif
PanelBilly
I had a dense foam put in mine that was thinner so I'd have more head room. You can choose lots of different foams if you take it to an upholstery shop
frankiec@outrageous.net
Just switch the seat bottoms from the passenger seat. Way more comfy.
Jamie
QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ May 6 2016, 05:21 PM) *

Just switch the seat bottoms from the passenger seat. Way more comfy.

Already switched the seats, need more padding and support!
somd914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 6 2016, 08:14 PM) *

I had a dense foam put in mine that was thinner so I'd have more head room. You can choose lots of different foams if you take it to an upholstery shop

agree.gif Many high density foams out there these days meaning thinner layers. Can even layer memory foam on top for a little more give/cushion and potentially still be thinner than original but more comfortable.
mepstein
Here you go -

http://www.classiccarseats.com/Lemans-seats.php
Jamie
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 6 2016, 06:36 PM) *

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Now, if I could just find one slightly used and greatly reduced in price, it would appear to be original equipment for a CSOB owner! aktion035.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Jamie @ May 7 2016, 09:33 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 6 2016, 06:36 PM) *

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Now, if I could just find one slightly used and greatly reduced in price, it would appear to be original equipment for a CSOB owner! aktion035.gif

Is it doable to find a shop that could refurbish my original seat with new padding to order? I just can't quite justify a replacement seat for $900+ that doesn't look anything like the original. wacko.gif
Larmo63

Is it doable to find a shop that could refurbish my original seat with new padding to order? I just can't quite justify a replacement seat for $900+ that doesn't look anything like the original. wacko.gif
[/quote]
Buy two, then they'll match!!!

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.