Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory fit 914 Turbo for sale - NOT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andrewb
I'm sure this will amuse and/or intrigue many of you on here.

A car for sale on ebay in England http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-914-TURB...EUAAOSwKfVXKlrk

Question is - has it really got a turbo and if so why does he think it's factory fit ? Someone somewhere has cooked up a story that will be news to you all - I'm wondering if it started on your side of the Atlantic or ours ?

Shouldn't take long for the 914world sleuths to recognise those Ca plates and tell us more ?

Andrew
Spoke
It has to be a turbo. Any time you lay a 930 turbo badge on a 914 it becomes a turbo...

poorsche914
Mine had a TURBO sticker across the engine cover. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered there was no turbo dry.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
whitetwinturbo
You can tell it's a Turbo because it has so much tourqe it tore off the rear Fuchs slap.gif
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ May 7 2016, 06:49 PM) *

You can tell it's a Turbo because it has so much tourqe it tore off the rear Fuchs slap.gif

poke.gif torque poke.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 7 2016, 01:19 AM) *

It has to be a turbo. Any time you lay a 930 turbo badge on a 914 it becomes a turbo...

Cool.
Does anyone have one of these for sale?
r_towle
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ May 7 2016, 09:50 PM) *

QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ May 7 2016, 06:49 PM) *

poke.gif torque poke.gif

Lb/ft or ft/lb?
Cairo94507
Yeah.... it's one of the ultra rare factory turbo 914's lol-2.gif av-943.gif , so of course he has posted several pictures of the engine and turbo charger...oh wait, he didn't.
Mueller
I'm betting the salesperson went thru the receipts and saw:

"turbo tie rods" smile.gif
Maltese Falcon
Funny thing is that someone will step up (step in it more likely) and pay $22,000 for that 914. Whomever (con)joured up this factory equipped turbo spin should layoff the disco biscuits blink.gif
Chris H.
You can't do it confused24.gif . Didn't we figure this out a while ago confused24.gif ?

piratenanner.gif
Dave_Darling
It could be a turbocharged 914. (OK, everyone, let's get this out of the way: "Everybody knows you can't turbo a 914!") I can't really tell from the engine bay photo, but it's possible.

It could even be from a company called "Factory Fit".

But it was absolutely not delivered from the factory to the dealer with a turbocharger. And very definitely not with a late-70s "turbo" badge from a 911 Turbo (AKA "930").

--DD
tomeric914
I dunno, what the heck is this plumbing in the engine compartment?

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.