Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC THE DESERTER GS is BACK IN PRODUCTION
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 4
I am building The Deserter GS.
At 1350lbs this is Very fast. All updated with 4 wheel disc and 5 speed Transaxle.
Powered by Type4 engine fron 1911cc to 2771cc wit Porche six cylinders to 3.8 Twin Turbo.

The New Deserter GS Midengine Sport Buggy is back.

New Deserter GS are powered with Type 4 engines from 1911cc to 2771cc.
5 speed Porsche Transaxle, 4 wheel disc brakes this is a very fast and nimble sportscar.
Options include 6 cylinder Porsche engines upto 3.8 liter turbocharged.
This is a limted limited production only 25 will be made then we will break the moulds. Contact Steve Stromberg @ 949-650-7366
redshift
Rock Steve!

I look forward to seeing what else you guys can scare up... I'll bet an aluminum bodied RSK would go over well.

wink.gif

M
Rouser
This is a limted limited production only 25 will be made then we will break the moulds.

Afterwards, they can all run over and join the DOG House.

Alex Dearborn will be proud.
Type 4
The Last one made By Alex was built in 1972.

The New Deserter is being built from new moulds with update suspension and drivetrain.

With the Carbon Fiber body and a Twin Turbo , Brown pants and Bicycle clips will be needed.
Randal

What ever happened to this project?
r_towle
stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif

If you really want to learn all about the Deserters, contact Jim Wollcott up here in MA.
He has about 10-15 bodies in his building and may be convinced to part with one.
Jim seems to be the keeper of the Deserter flame.

There is a club online if you search and you can find a few pieces being rebuilt.

The guy Stromberg was so famous for his business pracitces, and his lovely wife, that he got his own special emoticon above.
moparrob
Bummer, looks like it could have been a fun concept.

It seems like it would be difficult to get it street licensed unless you made it like a dune buggy, using a VW pan with some original VIN numbers or such...
Mark Henry
Man, talk about a blast from the outhouse....Stromturd, not the Deserter.
stromberg.gif

Looks like a cool buggy, but I've driven enough buggy's to know I'd not be interested in another.
r_towle
Alex Dearborn sold off the business years ago, but he still remains active in the community...it was his baby.

He is still around, I saw him at the German Car day in his 356.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.