Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More mystery tins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
Hi all,

Heat exchangers and related vita back on my '74 2.0.

I have two tins that look like they would go in the heat exchanger area. Not sure if they're off my car or from the extra set of tins I had off of a 75-76. If they do go on my car can't figure out which side is which or which side is up. I should have done more jigsaw puzzles as a child.

Any insight appreciated.

Thx.

Mike

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
The one on the right is the driver's side warm air guide. The curve is in the top when mounted. Other is for the pass side. They only attach one way. The 2 cutouts are reliefs for the h.e. pipes. You'll see when you get under the car.
Amphicar770
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 8 2016, 01:54 PM) *

The one on the right is the driver's side warm air guide. The curve is in the top when mounted. Other is for the pass side. They only attach one way. The 2 cutouts are reliefs for the h.e. pipes. You'll see when you get under the car.

Thanks. I'm under car now and still perplexed. confused24.gif

Let's focus on drivers side 1st. Does this sit between exchanger and engine or below exchanger? When you say the curve, you mean the long straight bit that looks like is would cover a pipe? Hump is facing up? Sorry for th confusion. Hard to picture 3D in text and I'm probably missing something obvious?..
SA-914
This is what I have.
SA-914
The hump forms the channel for the shift rod. The tin will end up above the rod
SA-914
Passenger side.
Amphicar770
Ok, got it. The AA descrip that it sits between block and exchanger threw me off.

Here is photo for future noobs like me.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SA-914
Did the PO install my green taco plate upside down?
SLITS
QUOTE(SA-914 @ May 8 2016, 11:56 AM) *

Did the PO install my green taco plate upside down?

No, you just don't have the cover piece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.