Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A/C for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RacingDreamz
When I got the 914, it came with(in boxes) single compressor air conditioning. I see on Automotive Atlanta, a new one cost $3600. Seeing as we live in east Tenn, in the mountains, A/C is just something we dont really need. So if I decided to sell this, what would this be worth? Could I trade it off for dual carbs?
If anyone wants to make me an offer, feel free to. I can add pics later.
dlee6204
About 100-200 bucks for a used system. The only things of value with the old system is the under dash unit and the condenser unit in the front trunk. Hoses, drier, and York compressors aren't valuable unless the items have been replaced and are newish.

You can put together your own system with all NEW parts for about a third of what AA is offering.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(RacingDreamz @ May 8 2016, 03:40 PM) *

When I got the 914, it came with(in boxes) single compressor air conditioning. I see on Automotive Atlanta, a new one cost $3600. Seeing as we live in east Tenn, in the mountains, A/C is just something we dont really need. So if I decided to sell this, what would this be worth? Could I trade it off for dual carbs?
If anyone wants to make me an offer, feel free to. I can add pics later.

Please clarify, you have an AC kit new in boxes from AA ?

RacingDreamz
Sorry I guess I should have clarified that better. The previous owner of my 914 had purchased the complete system from someone. I havent even looked inside the boxes. But there is about 6 boxes total. I have seen the under dash unit and 'a' compressor. I'll try to take everything out and take a picture of it all. I dont know if it's new or used. But previous owner left all pieces in boxes. There are NO AA shipping labels, though.
Rand
Did you insinuate air conditioning? You are banned into the deepeset wiles of narpdumb. tongue.gif

The more you leave us... The more you'll miss.. Ahem like the dude from the non club?
mepstein
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ May 8 2016, 03:57 PM) *

About 100-200 bucks for a used system. The only things of value with the old system is the under dash unit and the condenser unit in the front trunk. Hoses, drier, and York compressors aren't valuable unless the items have been replaced and are newish.

You can put together your own system with all NEW parts for about a third of what AA is offering.

agree.gif
Amphicar770
Are you talking about a new, never installed system or a used one?

As others noted, if used, anyone putting in AC would minimally trash the old compressor, hoses, expansion valve, receiver, etc.
RacingDreamz
Well, in that case, anyone wanting it, make me an offer. I can use that money to put towards replacing the complete fuel line and injectors.
mepstein
QUOTE(RacingDreamz @ May 8 2016, 05:26 PM) *

Well, in that case, anyone wanting it, make me an offer. I can use that money to put towards replacing the complete fuel line and injectors.

You need to place in the classifieds with a price.
RacingDreamz
Thanks. Will do.
dlee6204

What FI system do you have? I might have some refurbished injectors to trade. I'd only be interested in the under dash unit.
RacingDreamz
I have a 1.7(73). Should be the Djet model.
RacingDreamz
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ May 8 2016, 08:35 PM) *

What FI system do you have? I might have some refurbished injectors to trade. I'd only be interested in the under dash unit.

PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.