Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust / muffler gasket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
I was about to install muffler (banana style, possibly original). I opened the Victor Reinz exhaust gaskets from PP and notice it is smaller than the original. Exhaust hole about the same but bolt holes are more narrowly spaced. I could possibly drill them but I would be going out all the way to the edges.

Are gaskets different for varying years or engines? Mine is a '74 2.0 built in late '73.
rhodyguy
The gaskets for the 1.7/1.8 he differ from the 2.0 he. You got the wrong ones.
TheCabinetmaker
Yep
Amphicar770
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 8 2016, 05:07 PM) *

The gaskets for the 1.7/1.8 he differ from the 2.0 he. You got the wrong ones.

Grrrr. Now, even if they correct their mistake I am stuck waiting a week. hissyfit.gif
rhodyguy
This is one of those things that happen with these almost the same parts. Who did you buy from?
bandjoey
If you're talking about the gasket between the pipes and the muffler, stop by a local Flaps and pick up some gasket material and cut a new one your self. They'll last a long time..double it up if needed for spacing
Perry Kiehl Clone
I think I've got some 2.0 muffler gaskets. I could mail a pair tomorrow priority mail. $5 for the pair, plus postage method of your choice. Email me your mailing address if you want them
Amphicar770
I ordered another set from AA before I saw Perry's message. I figured Pelican would replace the wrong ones but did not want to wait for them to come from CA ... but, it gets better.

I contacted Pelican on line to inform them that I received wrong gaskets in my kit. Double checked the order to insure that I did specify a 1974 2.0. The response from Pelican .... wait for it ....

They sent me a link to the correct part number.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.