Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
Had a couple of parts to add to the never ending list of stuff you have to do...

1.) The lower oil cap gasket for the 1.8L. I'm having a hard time finding it anywhere (haven't tried the dealer but that's next).

2.) The grommet in the engine bay that the accelerator cable goes through.

3.) The grommet that fits over the hole on the top of the tin where the oil sender unit resides.

4.) Oh, and the late style relay board cover. That's another one of those parts that, while shown on their website, nobody actually seems to have in stock.
Mikey914
to Answer your questions
1- There is a hard plastic seal that goes there if I recall correctly, I need to check my 1.8 motor I have in the garage, but possible to make, let me know if you need it and the rubber seal (as I recall it has both).

2-I'll look at it, but yes it's a target as I'm dong all the other grommets in this area. Mine may be missing, but I'll check.

3-Did the one on the sender, looking for my sample for the "housing" that fits the tin, but yes it's on the short list, just was looking for mine the other day. I will be posting what I have up tomorrow

4-Early in stock, the late is also in development and can have in about 3 weeks.

Here's the kicker - the reason we didn't roll right into the universal late sloped is because we did the rain trays, I will be posting the GB on them tomorrow also!

LOTS of new stuff coming out, soon you will see the new restructuring of 914rubber making us even more agile in making parts as I'm free to just make parts (as much as I can be), and it will result in more parts being made, and better service for our customers as we have dedicated shipping and management full time at the shop. piratenanner.gif
Rob-O
Always great to hear about what's going on.

1.) The 1.8L has two seals. An O-ring at the groomer towards the top of the cap. The O-ring is readily available. It also has a seal at the bottom. I don't have one but the pics I've seen show a red rubber type that fits between two grooves. I just posted about needing one and where it fits exactly (Sierra Madre sent me a part that doesn't fit/is incorrect). But the post has a great picture of both the seals.

4.) the sloped one soon would be great. Seems everyone else is on back order for this part right now. I have it on order at Sierra Madre but is supposedly 4-6 weeks out. Would go great with the rain tray. Maybe put together a 'Keep the Water Out' kit. I need the rain tray too, so I'll be down for the late tray when that GB becomes available.

Keep up the good work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.