Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
getkirk
My muffler has shaken itself to bits on what passes for roads in the great state of Vermont. Would like to find a Bursch, but I am open to anything that is not too loud and will fit. (early 1.7/1.8 4" bolt spacing)
Thanks!
rhodyguy
You'll have better luck if you provide info on the type of heat exchangers that are on your car. If you're unsure, post a picture of the muffler ends.
mhenderson57
QUOTE(getkirk @ May 9 2016, 12:49 PM) *

My muffler has shaken itself to bits on what passes for roads in the great state of Vermont. Would like to find a Bursch, but I am open to anything that is not too loud and will fit.
Thanks!

I have a Monza muffler that I am going to sell. Like new condition. $150 + shipping.
Cost $302.58 new.

Thanks,
Matt
getkirk
QUOTE(mhenderson57 @ May 13 2016, 09:11 AM) *

QUOTE(getkirk @ May 9 2016, 12:49 PM) *

My muffler has shaken itself to bits on what passes for roads in the great state of Vermont. Would like to find a Bursch, but I am open to anything that is not too loud and will fit.
Thanks!

I have a Monza muffler that I am going to sell. Like new condition. $150 + shipping.
Cost $302.58 new.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt, my old one was a Monza and I was hoping to move away from the Quads. But I will keep you in mind.
Thanks,
Kirk
forrestkhaag
I have a set of very decent 1.7 headers mated to a barely used Magnaflow muffler and pre-resonator using a Bursch stock collector pipe setup.. A nice throaty sound with not too much noise for day to day use. I can send pictures if interested in the set and would like to get 300.00 + shipping CONTUS

Oh,.. and the tail pipe is chrome tipped and fits the non-early rear valance verses the early hole thru the valance..

Have a good day.

beerchug.gif
greggearhead
I've got several Bursch for the 4-inlet trapezoid style heater box outlets. Is that what you are looking for?
Wyvern
^^^ I am also after a muffler (will not jump in front of this OP)... but if you have multiple would like to see what you have)
Found this in the forum . can you measure what you have . & hope this is helpful to others.

IPB Image
bdstone914
What year car and what engine? They are not all the same.
Papermaker
HI getkirk--

Have a 1.8 L Bursch. PM me when you figure out what type your looking for.

--Papermaker
getkirk
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 16 2016, 03:50 AM) *

What year car and what engine? They are not all the same.

The car is a 1975, the HE were replaced with the early style double pipe. 1.7-1.8.
Distance between lower bolt holes is 4 inches.
getkirk
QUOTE(Wyvern @ May 15 2016, 11:01 PM) *

^^^ I am also after a muffler (will not jump in front of this OP)... but if you have multiple would like to see what you have)
Found this in the forum . can you measure what you have . & hope this is helpful to others.

IPB Image

Thanks for the chart Wyvern, it confirms that I have the early 1.7-1.8
as in your lower schematic image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.