Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Webber carburetor rain hats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
Im looking for rain hats for my Webber's and Marks have been on back order.
Id like to get a pair before WCR, any ideas?
7TPorsh
Head to one of those kitchen stores and get a couple of rectangle shaped tupper-ware bowl; like 8x5x4. Drill a hole and clamp down upside down over the carbs.
wes
I like it! Sounds like a good idea though Im still looking for the real thing!
r_towle
Stock rain tray under deck lid will fit.
Mikey914
Let me check tomorrow, but I may have a set set aside for another project of mine.
Mark
wes
That would be great Mark, thanks!
Mikey914
I have a set of Yellow in stock, it shows out of stock. They are gel coat so you can easily paint them. Just put the order in and they are already pulled ready to ship.
Thanks,
Mark
Just note Yellow ok.
wes
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2016, 11:19 AM) *

I have a set of Yellow in stock, it shows out of stock. They are gel coat so you can easily paint them. Just put the order in and they are already pulled ready to ship.
Thanks,
Mark
Just note Yellow ok.

Thank you Mark very well appreciated!
I did not see a place for a note but order was just completed without it.
Thanks again Wes
Tbrown4x4
Oh Dang It! I should have spoke up! haha! All I saw was "out of stock".

Technically no hurry as the carbs are sitting on my desk awaiting JB Welded plugs. Hope you make more of these in yellow. smile.gif
LowBridge
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2016, 02:19 PM) *

Thanks,
Mark
Just note Yellow ok.

seems we have a new rub on ordering items from you... "out of stock" means "I keep the cool things for me" aktion035.gif
wes
My car happens to be Yellow,, what do they say, he's ridding on my shoulder!
Tbrown4x4
You couldn't have planned it better. smile.gif
I hope he has them when I'm ready
Mikey914
Just because it says back ordered doesn't always mean we are are out. In this case we had the discontinued part but will have more in about 2 weeks. If you order we ship when ready or call you if they will be more than a week.

The only exception to this I can think of is the flexdam rubber and we removed it from the site, at least for now.
campbellcj
PMO should have them
Mikey914
I'll have more in a week.
GregAmy
Mark, is that order each or for a pair? - GA

http://shop.914rubber.com/Rain-Hats-for-ca...m?categoryId=-1
wes
QUOTE(GregAmy @ May 13 2016, 06:02 AM) *

Mark, is that order each or for a pair? - GA

http://shop.914rubber.com/Rain-Hats-for-ca...m?categoryId=-1

The same thought ran through my mind. I'll find out today as tracking says it will be delivered today,, fingers crossed!
wes
My rain hats just arrived ( biggrin.gif Thanks Mark) and as I thought one order is two each, now for my balding head!
Mikey914
It is a pair.
We sell most thing in sets. Easier to inventory and we can never ship "the wrong side" by mistake. Left is relative.
wes
Rain gear on and ready for Oregon!
The Rain Hats are a easy instal, drill 2 holes each, miner trim to clear the linkage and done.
All along as I was tediously putting my little 914 back together I said I wasn't ever going to drive her in the rain. Now she's all shiny new and road ready,,,, well first trip is to the Rain Country!
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.