Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More paintings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Here's some of tonights work. I wanted to finish another, but the compressor is too loud to run while the kids are sleeping. I'll get another 914 done tomorrow. I was only supposed to do my standard $20 painting, but I got a little carried away. I hope Mike M. likes it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jun 18 2003, 06:30 PM)
Here's some of tonights work. I wanted to finish another, but the compressor is too loud to run while the kids are sleeping. I'll get another 914 done tomorrow.

nice!
KaptKaos
Looks like my 73.

How much you asking?

- Joe assimilate.gif
Bruce Allert
That IS really pretty. If it had black windshield posts and round fogs it'd look like my Punkin.
Nice job Dave smilie_pokal.gif
bruce
djm914-6
Kaos, that painting would normally sell for $30 plus shirt and shipping. After I finish the multitude of orders I have now, I'll be taking a little time off to paint some other items. But, if you ask nicely and are patient, I may be able to do another. My (actually Rich Herzog's) web site has more details.

Where is Rich? Anyone hear from him lately?

Bruce, those lights are round, you just can't see much more than the grills at that angle. Somewhere there is a pic of a green 914 in front of a plane and two women; that's the picture I used as a referance.
Lawrence
I got email from Rich yesterday. He and Joy are alive and well on the right coast. There are some connectivity issues, so he hasn't been active here or on the Rennlist.

-Rusty

P.S. Nice painting. Do you put that on paper/canvas as well?
mikerose
Hi Dave. What about mine.
Mike R
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jun 19 2003, 03:46 AM)
Where is Rich? Anyone hear from him lately?

i'm (mostly) back. we're all moved to PA; nice house, garage finally, YAY! 356 and 914.6 successfully off the trailer and out of the truck (respectively) and into storage; 911 at the house waiting for me to have a moment to think about starting to replace the spark box.

getting going in the new job, which mostly consists of my new employer patiently waiting as i deal with all the remaining move-in infrastructure hassles -- should be more productive first part of next week...

had to leave my compressors behind in NV (no room on the trucks!) so i'll be a while getting the studio set up again - and anyway i have this 'real job' that seems to be taking a big chunk of my time, along with getting everything else set up in the new house...

no Inet access at the house yet, i have email and web access during work hours only; i'll be reactivating my Rennlist subscriptions (probably, cancelling the existing ones and re-starting them with the ArtechnikA.com email address, since we expect to ditch Earthlink in favor of the cable broadband service...) soon. getting the house computers set up tonight or tomorrow i think, and home Inet next week.

still no PA phone numbers yet, i spent an expensive hour on the phone with Nextel today only to discover they actually suck headbang.gif ... AT&T hasn't responded to my request for change-of-address procedures and their quality of service to the house sucks.

but everything else points to this being an excellent new beginning for the two of us. as soon as i get home tonight i'll be calling in my reservation for the East Coast Ramble...
djm914-6
Can anyone guess who owns this car? I sure hope he likes it as I won't hear the end at ECR.
djm914-6
Mike R, your shirt is in the pile to be painted. I'm getting to them as fast as I can which ain't too fast these days. I'm trying though.

Rich, good to see you made it. Hopefully we'll hook up again at ECR.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jun 19 2003, 05:30 PM)
Can anyone guess who owns this car? I sure hope he likes it as I won't hear the end at ECR.

Looks like mine!
djm914-6
Yup, it does look kinda like yours. But it's not.

Here's the referance photo...
IPB Image
JeffBowlsby
Thats Ralf Hartmanns car isnt it?
djm914-6
Ralf's car it is!
I sure hope the wait was worth it.
djm914-6
Here's another RC body. I can't wait to start painting for myself again. I have several RC Porsches and a bunch of ideas. I may actually stop taking orders for awhile to recoupe and clean up. Nah, I can't say no to most people, so I doubt that'll happen.
djm914-6
and...
djm914-6
More RC bodies...

HERE I guess I can't link from that site.

Two more prepaid shirts to go then on to the 'promised' pieces.
seanery
Damn, Dave....those are really sweet!!!

I may have to send you a body to do!
djm914-6
I just finished a few more shirts. These have been a long time coming, but at least they are done. I did have to refund some money to a fellow teener too (On it way, really). I regret having to do so. It's not the money, but the fact that I promised to do work for someone, but couldn't get it done.

I won't be taking any additional work on for awhile. I have a lot of projects that need to get finished and a couple of art pieces to experiment with. We'll see what the future brings.

These for ordered a long time ago (man, I feel bad) for the Korijo fund...
djm914-6
for his wife...
Britain Smith
Let me know when you are going to be taking orders again. I would love to get my car painted on a shirt or something. I had it drawn in pencils and stuff and it turned out great.

-Britain

IPB Image
fly
Impressive work,
i am one of the newbies, any time to do one of my car?
Mike "fly"
fly@pacbell.net
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(fly @ Oct 6 2003, 10:28 PM)
Impressive work,
i am one of the newbies, any time to do one of my car?

Dave is "the guy" for apparel (wearable art) no question. i've even been talking to him about doing a shirt for me, because i know it'll get done sooner and look better than if i try to learn the technique again (i was close once, but you have to keep at it to stay proficient ...)

i'll be unpacking my studio from my NV->PA move later this month and will be able to start considering new work -- i do "flat stuff" like fine art wall-hanger portraits ...

check out the website and some of the stuff in the 'resources' section and see if there's anything there that inspires you. i always cut teener owners and Rennlist Members a bit of a break on the pricing ...
djm914-6
I'm not entirely sure how long i'll be out of the commissioned art market. I'm only doing this as a hobby, but lately it's seemed too much like a business. If I don't enjoy a hobby, I don't continue with it. I do enjoy the painting part though, it's having to get stuff done to a deadline that's I don't like. Between my day job that can include up to 20 hours a week overtime, two kids, a wife and a house to maintain, it's really hard to get into the studio.

I have some projects to get done first, then I'll be able to get back into the studio. I'll offer any 914 inspired at to this group of nuts before going to Rennlist, Strange Bird site and evilbay.

Rich, you really should try some apparel work... maybe even canvas bags and chairs and such. Painting freehand (no masks and few if any shields) is very liberating. Also, the RC stuff is kinda cool. You can do a lot inside these little cars. I have a few special bodies that I've been dying to paint for a long time. Too bad I don't have a 914 body though. I guess I'll just need to have fun painting stuff on my 1:1 model.

Off like a prom dress....
djm914-6
I'm just about finished with this shirt and need to figure where abouts to send it. Will someone email me with the address of the guy who owns this car?
mikerose
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif That would be me. Very COOL smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.