Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bleeding brakes is soo easy!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Yoei66
After reading about all the with other 914ers having problems bleeding brakes over the past week it was my turn. I had installed rebuilt rear brakes last week, and needed to bleed the system. To help things go good, I installed speed bleeders on the top vent of all four calipers. I have never worked on brakes before, or bleed a system. Speed bleeders RULE! I bleed all four brakes, had a pint of homebrew, adjusted the rears, had another pint, re-bleed all four brakes. As i was feeling the effects of homebrew, and don't have my steering columb installed, I didn't take a test drive. I do seem to have a firm pedal, so I think things are good. I recomend these Speed Bleeders to everyone. saved me lots of time, and did it solo. beer3.gif smoke.gif
ruddyboys
I agree, had to do the job solo, ex didn't want to get that stuff on her had (thats another story). Only problem I had was bleeding the prop vavle. lucky I had the engine out.
mattillac
QUOTE (Yoei66 @ Apr 1 2005, 11:09 PM)
Speed bleeders RULE! beer3.gif smoke.gif

where'd you get the speed bleeders?
bd1308
yeah man....i'll prolly end up needing like 6....where'd you get em?
Yoei66
I ordered mine directly from Speed Bleeder, 914-4 uses style #SB7100. Each set of two was $14. I've since heard that sets of two are avaliable on e-bay for $12, these are a differnt brand name. I then bleed the lines the old way, by pumping the brakes. I was able to use mirrors to watch the fluid going thrugh a clear PVC hose, into my catch container.
bd1308
QUOTE (Yoei66 @ Apr 2 2005, 01:05 PM)
I ordered mine directly from Speed Bleeder, 914-4 uses style #SB7100. Each set of two was $14. I've since heard that sets of two are avaliable on e-bay for $12, these are a differnt brand name. I then bleed the lines the old way, by pumping the brakes. I was able to use mirrors to watch the fluid going thrugh a clear PVC hose, into my catch container.

yeah man, cant you get those containers to pressurize the brake fluid resivour? those are $40 something
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 2 2005, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (Yoei66 @ Apr 2 2005, 01:05 PM)
I ordered mine directly from Speed Bleeder, 914-4 uses style #SB7100.  Each set of two was $14.  I've since heard that sets of two are avaliable on e-bay for $12, these are a differnt brand name.  I then bleed the lines the old way, by pumping the brakes.  I was able to use mirrors to watch the fluid going thrugh a clear PVC hose, into my catch container.

yeah man, cant you get those containers to pressurize the brake fluid resivour? those are $40 something

I have one of the pressure tanks, but the speedbleeders sound even easier smash.gif
bd1308
yeah....i just figured you could do both though......
Rhodes71/914
Speed bleeders work great, I picked mine up at my FLAPS for about the same price.
anthony
$12/pair at Pelican.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.