Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just caught the 914 virus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dutchdriver
Hi all,

Just registered at this site, since I recently bought my 914.
Target = complete restoration, so I probably wont get bored the following days. Or weeks. Or months. :-)

Just wanted to share some pics and say hi, since I probably will use this forum a lot while restoring my 914. Loads of info here, so thank you 914world!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
phillstek
It’s definitely a virus you can live with though, I’ve been living with it for 29 years! Your car looks good and welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png
saigon71
Welcome!

Treatment of the virus requires regular (and copious) consumption of beer. beerchug.gif

Good luck with your project and keep us updated.
iankarr
welcome.png

The car looks like a great base to build on. How are the longs? Where have you found rust?

With this sickness being so contagious and us all here in the same place, maybe Sir Andy should think of changing the name to "914Ward" wink.gif

sb914
Nice color, the red ones are the fastest.
And welcome.png
Tbrown4x4
Very nice. Welcome!
Dutchdriver
QUOTE(cuddyk @ May 10 2016, 05:35 AM) *

welcome.png

The car looks like a great base to build on. How are the longs? Where have you found rust?

With this sickness being so contagious and us all here in the same place, maybe Sir Andy should think of changing the name to "914Ward" wink.gif

I am in the process of removing the paint (two layers, car used to be yellow) to bare metal. So far the longs look good, only minor welding. The compartments of the headlights are not too pretty, but surprisingly the hell hole looks doable. I'm sure I'll find other problem area's, but so far I am pretty happy with what I am finding. But my wife isn't. because I am thinking of moving my TV, bed, fridge etc to the garage... smile.gif
Dutchdriver
QUOTE(saigon71 @ May 10 2016, 04:41 AM) *

Welcome!

Treatment of the virus requires regular (and copious) consumption of beer. beerchug.gif

Good luck with your project and keep us updated.

I hope RedBull has the same effect as beer. If not, I'll mix the two together. beer3.gif
Cairo94507
welcome.png Looks like a nice 914 to start your sickness with. beerchug.gif
veekry9
welcome.png

Ah,it's red,just in time for spring blossoms.It's wonderful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QILaCLtWW9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihf9XRG6Gg
/
aharder
welcome.png There is no cure for the virus but like Bob said, beerchug.gif drinking beer helps !!
Puebloswatcop
welcome.png Welcome. It is a good thing they don't put all of us with the 914 Virus in one place.....Although sometimes I wonder if we all belong in an insane asylum.
PanelBilly
Did you get it with the engine out already?

Welcome
blackmoon
welcome.png and good luck with the renovation project
montoya 73 2.0
welcome.png
ndfrigi
Welcome to 914world! Sickness or this 914 virus will start when you buy more 914s. I started Aug. 2011 and since then I was able to buy 6 914s but good I'm healing with this virus because I'm selling my 2 more 914s and just retain the very 1st 914.
And you're right this site with several or mostly members will really help with your restoration project.
struckn
welcome.png

You've come to the right place for help!
Tom_T
welcome.png

Looks like a good in progress project!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
buck toenges
My father-in-law is from Arnhem. His brother started the Tire Rack. You Dutch guys rock. What you need for your project is a set of USA style tail light lenses. send me yours and I'll send you a set.

Buck
stinkindiesel
Don't know about a cure, but copious amounts of time and cash can help with the symptoms.

Welcome to the World.

Gary
orthobiz
Keep hanging out here and posting, best bunch of people on the web!

Paul
Dutchdriver
Just a short update. Right now I am busy stripping paint of the car and finding parts I need for the car.

Since my 914 was already in parts when I bought it, I am also labeling all the parts I have. It's a timeconsuming job, but I like it. A lot.

However, I came across these parts and I can't seem to figure out what parts they are, what their name is and where they are placed on the car.

Any help will be appreciated.
I will update my restauration in this thread. Since I am a 914-novice, all my n00b-questions will come first, so brace yourselves biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
maddin
looks like the 2 bits that go next to the engine lid :-)

IPB Image
Gunn1
Looks to me like you need two or three more! welcome.png
JOEPROPER
Welcome to the madness!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.