Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no affliation subie 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mgp4591
Looks like BIGKATs old car, same engine and a great build....
era vulgaris
Saw that listing yesterday. First time I ever thought, hmmm idea.gif in regards to a water cooled 914.
Looks like a nice build. Bet it's a blast to drive.
Although it's annoying when people write "too much to list". You're asking for someone to give you 5 figures and you can't take 10 minutes to write a description of your car? Really? dry.gif
Frankvw
Like harapuzo mentioned in another post...it is also on BAT featured...
http://bringatrailer.com/2016/05/09/subaru...72-porsche-914/
nit a lot more info there....too much to list... :-)
matthepcat
If I didn't just buy my car, I would have jumped on this. Great car.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 10 2016, 03:55 PM) *

Like harapuzo mentioned in another post...it is also on BAT featured...
http://bringatrailer.com/2016/05/09/subaru...72-porsche-914/
nit a lot more info there....too much to list... :-)

Um...factory Laguna Blue on a '72? poke.gif
Hard to get engine bay shots without a lift? slap.gif

Who writes this stuff?
DRPHIL914
A friend told me about this early today I w as hoping iit would fly under the radar long enough to get a look at it. It is bobs old car. I followed him up to okteenerfest 2years ago .
If someone else does not get this I am afraid I will be too tempted to get this rather than the boxster I was looking at ..
Chris H.
That is Bob's old car. I've driven it. Very well sorted. Color is Olympic Blue. The guy who owns it is a BMW guy so he may not know all of the color names. Drive and enjoy. Save a ton of $ and time if you are planning a conversion.
era vulgaris
Was it a full body repaint? Olympic Blue wasn't available until '73.
Chris H.
Yes, Bob painted it. It was originally green (probably Irish Green). Then in the 1980's (?) it was converted to a V8 and featured in a magazine. It was painted purple then. Bob converted it to Subie power and painted it blue. The trunks are painted blue and engine bay as well. I think if you look underneath you might find some green. He didn't rotisserie it or anything. It's a driver paint job as described. Looks nice and presentable but don't expect a new car paint job.

It's been a while but when I drove this car what struck me was it was so well sorted. Conversion cars usually have a small list of "oh yeah you have to do this to start it...or...try not to use 3rd gear...or...pull over when it gets hot...or...don't turn left too hard..." stuff. This one had no real quirks like that. I would drive it anywhere. There was no heat/A/C but that can be added.

And it's very quick. driving.gif
76-914
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ May 10 2016, 10:53 AM) *

Saw that listing yesterday. First time I ever thought, hmmm idea.gif in regards to a water cooled 914.
Although it's annoying when people write "too much to list". You're asking for someone to give you 5 figures and you can't take 10 minutes to write a description of your car? Really? dry.gif

You should pass GO and proceed directly to the check out line. From what I know of Bob, your purchase experience will be the exact opposite from that of Scotty Boys misrepresented "polished turd"! FWIW, we just returned from a 1,000+ mile trip w/o a hitch. I now have about 7K trouble free miles on my conversion. Don't say NO until you drive a "well sorted" wasser pumper. beerchug.gif Kent
era vulgaris
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 12 2016, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ May 10 2016, 10:53 AM) *

You should pass GO and proceed directly to the check out line. From what I know of Bob, your purchase experience will be the exact opposite from that of Scotty Boys misrepresented "polished turd"! FWIW, we just returned from a 1,000+ mile trip w/o a hitch. I now have about 7K trouble free miles on my conversion. Don't say NO until you drive a "well sorted" wasser pumper. beerchug.gif Kent

Haha! Well, I'd need to sell my car first. Which I've been planning to do this summer anyway, as I'm working on ironing out all the little wrinkles right now that I've lived with for the last year and a half.
If this car is still around then, I'd be interested to check it out. But I do need heat though, and this car doesn't have it. There's a couple other local cars I've got my eye on as well. We'll see! beerchug.gif
PotterPorsche
interesting.

DRPHIL914
must be sold-CL add is deleted
BIGKAT_83
Here's a picture of the front trunk.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.