Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another issue with 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RacingDreamz
Ok, got the fuel injectors cleaned out today. They were clogged but we rigged up a pressurized system and hooked to battery to make it work. All injectors spray good. The O rings are bad on all of them so I will need to replace them.
We were going to turn the ignition on to try to clear the fuel lines of the old, bad gas. But when we hit the starter, no fuel came out. We kept smelling the bad fuel, but nothing coming out of the fuel line near the engine.
Where was that bad gas smell coming from?

Fuel line had been broke below the car on passenger side. We rolled the car back and found where the fuel has been going on the ground.

So now, I have to replace the complete fuel line system. If anyone has done this and can lend some advice, I will be eternally grateful. The easier the better. If it's possible, I'd rather just run SS flexible hose thru the complete system and not have to purchase steel lines and bend it to fit. What's the best way?

Again, any advice will be greatly appreciated. smile.gif
ndfrigi
Hi Ben, it is not difficult to replace fuel lines from fuel tank all the way to fuel rail (just before the injectors.

Buy 2 ss fuel lines from rotary_914 (robert) which includes firewall gromets and for engine tray and fuel clamps and buy FI rubber lines.

Remove fuel tank and drain and clean it, then just pull old fuel lines from the rear firewall even with engine in, then insert or push on the new sa fuel lines. I did it by myself when i did mine and i did friends 914 with there help and it makes for easier and faster.
RacingDreamz
Thank you. I appreciate the advice. Are there any video or pictures that can help anywhere?

I'll contact rotary_914 and see what we can do.

Thanks smile.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(RacingDreamz @ May 10 2016, 02:43 PM) *

Thank you. I appreciate the advice. Are there any video or pictures that can help anywhere?

Thanks smile.gif

ooops it is "rotary'914"
RacingDreamz
It was also suggested, or asked, why couldn't I relocated a fuel cell in the rear truck and run lines to the engine. Would this work? Would it be easier? I'm sure it would cost more though.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(RacingDreamz @ May 10 2016, 02:54 PM) *

It was also suggested, or asked, why couldn't I relocated a fuel cell in the rear truck and run lines to the engine. Would this work? Would it be easier? I'm sure it would cost more though.

On a 914? i'm not a race car driver but I didn't see any 914 yet with fuel cell in the rear. Usually 914 race car has the fuel cell at the front trunk. I think the basic is to make the fuel tank away from the engine.
But again I have no experienced with that and I'm sure several members here will comment or suggest what to do.

Rotary'14
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 10 2016, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(RacingDreamz @ May 10 2016, 02:43 PM) *

Thanks smile.gif

ooops it is "rotary'914"

Actually it's "rotary'14" thanks for the kind words Noel.
Here's a link to make it easier,,,,
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=110158

I think most people have fuel cells in the front because it helps with the balance of the car. That's why people move the battery to the front trunk too.

-Robert

RacingDreamz
Thanks for the reply and input, Robert. I tried watching your install video but it wasnt there any longer. Do you have another video elsewhere?

So total cost would be(including shipping) $136 for the complete fuel line.
As long as this thing has been sitting, do you think I need the complete line?
luskesq
Fuel in the trunk would make for one ass-heavy 914 and would adversely affect handling. You can get a quality SS fuel line kit with pretty much everything you need from Chris Foley, Tangerine Racing (no affiliation).

There ae some videos online for the 914 line replacement. Not a bad job but you will have to remove your fuel tank.

Good luck,

Keith
Rotary'14
QUOTE(RacingDreamz @ May 10 2016, 03:28 PM) *

Thanks for the reply and input, Robert. I tried watching your install video but it wasnt there any longer. Do you have another video elsewhere?

So total cost would be(including shipping) $136 for the complete fuel line.
As long as this thing has been sitting, do you think I need the complete line?

Sorry no video at the moment. I would change the fuel lines for peace of mind. (but I am the guy selling them too) For only the metal lines a complete set of 4 is only $126 shipped, not $136. You can add any other stuff into your order (like fuel tank sock and grommets,,,) and shipping will stay $16.

-Robert
RacingDreamz
PM me the complete system cost. From the tank to the engine. And how to pay for it.
Thanks, Robert. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.