Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uhoh..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone in the SoCal area somewhat close to Laguna Beach (100+/- miles or a nice drive of 200 miles each way) have a 911 worthy engine stand with wheels or with the ability for me to add them / for sale or rent or rent to own?

I'm now committed or to be committed for settling on a 100K running 82SC with fan, alt., coil, distributer, wires and harness.. + a few tim bits - oh, and new clutch and flywheel.......... I had to spend a whoppin' four digit figure to get this bundle from a local SoCal Porsche dealer that I have been dealing with since the late 70's on my 356 rebuilds and he was more than honorable in the delivery of a 100K running engine needing a "refreshing"....... UhOh.

At best, I have a core that is described as needing a freshening up including the parts described above to launch me into the tranche. Tranche you say? (my on-order plate for the 914...) ..... French word - i'm from Louisiana.. but the word is Parisian French, not coonass French which we grew up speakin - In Parisian French, it means ..A little bit of a lot of things, especially Money... is that NOT what this undertaking is all about...

I'm gonna need some help / starting with the engine stand....

beerchug.gif

Mark Henry
I see you are standing at the edge of a very slippery slope .... biggrin.gif
forrestkhaag
And having done a little research on 911 conversion costs ahead:..........

We have a fully paid off house in Scottsdale that I am willing to sell immediately ... outright or may be willing to trade for the conversion costs.

Patrick seems like a possible trade partner as they are local tp Scottsdale ... .... similar costs similar value WTF.gif ......

It is a 3br, 2b on large lot built as a walled compound with gated access to rear yard work area, spa and rec zone..

bs.gif

forrestkhaag
greased with peanut butter, butter and a video... sounds like fun to me...
r_towle
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 10 2016, 09:09 PM) *

And having done a little research on 911 conversion costs ahead:..........

We have a fully paid off house in Scottsdale that I am willing to sell immediately ... outright or may be willing to trade for the conversion costs.

Patrick seems like a possible trade partner as they are local tp Scottsdale ... .... similar costs similar value WTF.gif ......

It is a 3br, 2b on large lot built as a walled compound with gated access to rear yard work area, spa and rec zone..

bs.gif

Wife come with the house?
forrestkhaag
Standing? ... no. did you see that beautiful thing in my garage?... and it, at this juncture is not my lovely wife, is dragging me down the slope... poke.gif

beerchug.gif

r_towle
Nah, without a functioning wife to go with the house, it's sort of like a donor car with no motor.

Good luck with the project, it's a long a fun road.
forrestkhaag
Wife? If you want one, she is not your first pick.....

Can you spell Porsche?

P lush. O rnate. R egal. S umptuous. C anny. H eavenly. E ntertaining....

Not for sale.. not now, not ever,,, and does not go with the House... and as a CPAxWallStreetMGR/MnABrkr... will never, not ever.. go with the House....

That's how we got here....

beerchug.gif

r_towle
Too old and too lazy to buy a second home without an installed wife, the conversion costs would be far to much and the slippery slope too steep.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.