Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All this talk about optima's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Which one would you recommend? I was thinking the redtop, but my flaps (autozone) doesnt have it in stock or online....I have this crappy battery right now.....they do have a yellow top.......$139
anthony
The yellow top is not a starter battery. Get the red top. I had to get a ground strap that was a little longer.

PatW
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Apr 2 2005, 08:20 AM)
Which one would you recommend? I was thinking the redtop, but my flaps (autozone) doesnt have it in stock or online....I have this crappy battery right now.....they do have a yellow top.......$139

Ask for the reverse terminal orange top Optima.
mskala
And if orange not available, I put in the red, off by 180
degrees, so the existing ground would fit. The terminals
are a bit more toward the right, but not a bit deal.
StratPlayer
The make a redtop with the reveresed post,,, 34R.
markb
QUOTE (StratPlayer @ Apr 2 2005, 04:14 PM)
The make a redtop with the reveresed post,,, 34R.

That's what I got for the blue car. smile.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (anthony @ Apr 2 2005, 03:02 PM)
The yellow top is not a starter battery. Get the red top. I had to get a ground strap that was a little longer.

The red top is a better fit in the 914, but the yellow top is most certainly a "starter battery". It's just a different size. I have one in my 912. Fits great and works even if I leave the car parked for three weeks.
brer
I just bought an off the shelf, normal posts (not reversed) 75/35 red top. It fits perfect with my stock cables and the factory battery clamp works fine. Its about 1" taller than my Die Hard i took out but ther is plenty of room for it.

in stock at pep boys, $109.

seanery
I've used both the 34 and the 34R in a teener. I actually prefer the way my 34 fit in the car.
dlo914
Aaron got lucky and scored himself a used redtop today for $30 w/90 day warranty, b/c i work at autozone and a customer brought in the battery saying it was bad. So then i trickle charged the redtop for a good 24 hours and the battery is brand spanking good. i had no use for the battery so i sold it to him clap.gif $30 pure profit clap.gif
smooth_eddy
The red top 34R fits nicely and be sure to ask for the plastic hold down. It comes with the battery for free. I got mine from a google search. No tax buying on the net but there will be shipping. Anything less than $125 is a bargain.
mskala
If you get one used or without the hold-down, I cut a semi-
circular chunk out of the stock hold-down to make it fit the
battery well. If you autocross with this 38 lb piece of lead
there, it pays to be sure it's secure. cool.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Apr 3 2005, 01:15 AM)
Aaron got lucky and scored himself a used redtop today for $30 w/90 day warranty, b/c i work at autozone and a customer brought in the battery saying it was bad. So then i trickle charged the redtop for a good 24 hours and the battery is brand spanking good. i had no use for the battery so i sold it to him clap.gif $30 pure profit clap.gif

thx again DLO smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.