Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taking pictures of your 914 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iwanta914-6
Is it just me or is the seller taking pictures of their 914 in the rain, WITH THE TOP OFF?!?

Looks like a nice willow greenie though!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5577777464.html
maddin
looks nice!! how far from you?
JeffBowlsby
*want* drooley.gif
rjames
Assuming engine is ok and rust is not an issue, that's a very good price.
pete000
A Detroit 914 !

It was probably sunny and 90 degrees with the humidity around 85%

Then instant rain and mosquitoes !
Cuda911
Looks like a great car for the price!
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 10 2016, 08:43 PM) *

Is it just me or is the seller taking pictures of their 914 in the rain, WITH THE TOP OFF?!?

Looks like a nice willow greenie though!

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5577777464.html

Oh your correct. You see that puddle of water in the rear trunk? biggrin.gif
rgalla9146

Beautiful car.
Love the colors.
'72 with a square rear bumper ?
billh1963
Does look nice! If the hell hole checks out it could be a good one
mepstein
I would have a hard time not buying that car. Dare i say - underpriced.
iwanta914-6
If it were a bit closer I'd inquire about it. I do love me some willow green though. I'm still waiting for a local guy to get his out of winter storage so I can take a look at it.
EdwardBlume
New green is awesome. Faded green is..... stromberg.gif
struckn
I've seen wet cars on EBay and other Car Dealer adds often. What I think is, it may be intentional to give the look of a clear coat like finish on a daw oxidized finished to hide it. The water reflects the light. May not be the case always but should be checked out.

On the add pictures there does seem to be nice water beading, which indicates a good wax job.

confused24.gif
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 11 2016, 09:50 AM) *

If it were a bit closer I'd inquire about it. I do love me some willow green though.

Also it's just outside of my meager budget of $7500, plus I would need to tack on transport fees. Since it's already priced well, I doubt there's much room to go down any further.
billh1963
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 11 2016, 11:03 AM) *

If it were a bit closer I'd inquire about it. I do love me some willow green though.

Also it's just outside of my meager budget of $7500, plus I would need to tack on transport fees. Since it's already priced well, I doubt there's much room to go down any further.

You never know until you ask
Ferg
My brother is set up to go see it, I will report back what he finds.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 11 2016, 10:25 AM) *

Cool, is he planning on buying if it's solid?
Ferg
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 11 2016, 07:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ May 11 2016, 10:25 AM) *

Cool, is he planning on buying if it's solid?

Yeah, if its as nice as it appears. I got him hooked.

It has had longs and hell hole replaced so was not a rust free car to begin with. I think it will come down to the quality of the repairs.
mepstein
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 11 2016, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 11 2016, 11:03 AM) *

You never know until you ask

agree.gif and if you can't stretch for a nice car, a not so nice one will cost you way more in the long run.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 11 2016, 09:08 AM) *

and if you can't stretch for a nice car, a not so nice one will cost you way more in the long run.

agree.gif

This is very good advice. The car is only $400 out of your price range and you're going to pass on it without even talking to the owner? chair.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ May 11 2016, 11:27 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 11 2016, 09:08 AM) *

and if you can't stretch for a nice car, a not so nice one will cost you way more in the long run.

agree.gif

This is very good advice. The car is only $400 out of your price range and you're going to pass on it without even talking to the owner? chair.gif

If it were local I would talk to the seller in an instant, but being out of state I don't want to waste anyone's time. Besides, a member's brother is all set up to look at it and will probably take it anyway if it's as good as advertised.

I've searched all over the country and this one is something I'd love to look into more closely, but the out of state offerings that are advertised publicly I cannot move fast enough on. They typically sell in a day or two and sellers take first one with cash in hand. By the time I arrange for a PPI or travel, the car is long gone.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 11 2016, 03:24 AM) *

Beautiful car.
Love the colors.
'72 with a square rear bumper ?

bumpers not OG because it is a non appearance group 914..sail trim body color , bumpers would have been also... Love the Green..

Fuch I just noticed the rust proofing holes..ick
Ferg
Just an update, brother never got a chance to go look. Seller sold it to a phone buyer for more than asking price.

Cracker
I was actually interested in this car too and ready to mail payment on Wednesday. The problem for me was the fact it had an entire front clip added in '74/'75 - that was enough for me to walk. That wasn't disclosed until a "deal" for asking price was agreed and address provided. I THEN asked about the accident history. You always got to ask...

Otherwise, I'd say it was very attractive...maybe even so.

BTW: He hit a dear...

Tony
mepstein
QUOTE(Reverend Troublemaker @ May 16 2016, 08:19 PM) *

I was actually interested in this car too and ready to mail payment on Wednesday. The problem for me was the fact it had an entire front clip added in '74/'75 - that was enough for me to walk. That wasn't disclosed until a "deal" for asking price was agreed and address provided. I THEN asked about the accident history. You always got to ask...

Otherwise, I'd say it was very attractive...maybe even so.

BTW: He hit a dear...

Tony

Oh, by the way .... headbang.gif
Frankvw
for you guys looking in that area......maybe this one ? same region:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5581803692.html
pricerange is suitable for Iwanta as well !!
Cairo94507
That actually looks like a nice car at a good price. Nice find.
Ferg
Yeah, he never mentioned the deer/front clip blink.gif
QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 17 2016, 06:58 AM) *

for you guys looking in that area......maybe this one ? same region:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5581803692.html
pricerange is suitable for Iwanta as well !!

Yes, if iwantto can move off #2.
Shadowfax
Magnus Walker?
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.