Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what is this heater screw thing called
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
I can't seem to find it on Pelican parts. Or does anyone have two in good shape for sale?

-Steve

mark04usa
Steve -

IIRC it's a cable or bearing pin VW part # 311 129 777 readily available on the bay or from several of our 914 vendors.

I was just reading up on your Irish green /6. It is a fine car and you've done very well by it beerchug.gif
Steve
I picked up a couple as well as extenders from a local bug place. I think it was this place. Empi and others make them.
http://www.socalautoparts.com/
injunmort
its called a barrel nut. just did these. i got mine at flaps. i did have to drill out the ferrule to accept the cable not a big deal as they are brass.
siverson
Perfect, thanks!

-Steve
mepstein
QUOTE(injunmort @ May 11 2016, 10:46 AM) *

its called a barrel nut. just did these. i got mine at flaps. i did have to drill out the ferrule to accept the cable not a big deal as they are brass.

Same here.
nathansnathan
I've always thought it was called a barrel clamp; a barrel nut is something else I think-threads go into the side of a barrel nut. The PET calls it a lagerbolzen which is bearing bolt or bearing pin, though the Sechskantschraube or hex bolt that goes into it is listed separately. It is interesting to think they do roll a bit sideways in their motion and they are brass or bronze I guess for that reason. Weird it is in the bus fische but it is omitted from the 914 pet on porsche.com
injunmort
i have seen them called different things, walk into flaps and ask for lagerbolzen, they will say they don't have it. ask for barrel nuts the reply will be, like these? fwiw.
Steve
The bug one fit perfectly and required no modifications.

http://www.socalautoparts.com/advanced_sea...amp;x=0&y=0
jcschuf1
I was also wondering about these, thanks 914 community!!
rhodyguy
Anyone who has parted out cars prob has a pile of them.
Mikey914
I have then, just haven't got on the site yet.
siverson
Hmmm... I've tried the only FLAPS that are nearby - Pep Boys and Napa - and no luck with either. Whenever I do "retail shopping" like this I'm reminded why I order nearly everything online now.

-Steve
Mikey914
Hate to keep chiming in, but yes I have them. They are in my car right now. I can ship Monday

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/Barrel-nut-a...m?categoryId=-1
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 12 2016, 01:05 PM) *

Anyone who has parted out cars prob has a pile of them.

Nope. On the rusty coast they don't last long. sad.gif
rhodyguy
I forget about that.
siverson
Hi Mark/Mikey (your username always throws me off),

Thanks, I may take you up on that. I'm planning on driving my car to the WCR and am leaving Wednesday. I thought I'd finally hookup the heater for some late night drives on my 1,600 mile trip (round trip).

Are you going to WCR? Any chance you can bring 2 there? At least I'd have heat in one direction...

-Steve

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 13 2016, 03:20 PM) *

Hate to keep chiming in, but yes I have them. They are in my car right now. I can ship Monday

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/Barrel-nut-a...m?categoryId=-1

Mikey914
I'll be there and can bring them
siverson
Great, thanks! Heat for the way home! smile.gif
mepstein
San Diego - heat? confused24.gif
mark04usa
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 14 2016, 05:01 PM) *

60 degrees out, top in rear trunk...a little heat flowing up from the floor is real nice andy914.jpg
injunmort
for a temporary fix, you could just slide the cable through the actuator arm and crank on a small hose clamp to the end of the cable, not elegant but will give you a modecum of control through various ambient temps
mepstein
QUOTE(mark04usa @ May 14 2016, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 14 2016, 05:01 PM) *

60 degrees out, top in rear trunk...a little heat flowing up from the floor is real nice andy914.jpg

You already have rust free cars, now your really rubbing it in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.