Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need 914-6 wiring info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bobm
Just got correct combo gauge for my 70 914-6. I can not seem to find a color wiring
diagram for the gauge. Does anyone have a diagram or photo of the back of the gauge showing wire placement.
Thanks for any help.
Bob
Cairo94507
PM sent.
altitude411
May be of some help...

Click to view attachment
gereed75
I think I have the answer on this but I was unable to get to my diagrams today. Maybe tomorrow.

There is another wire in the six harness that is very helpful for this application. There is a solid green wire that terminates behind the combo gage. It goes from behind the gage back to the relay board in the engine compartment via the main harness. This wire is in the harness to provide a transmission temperature signal in Sportomatic applications. This wire can be used to transmit the pressure signal from a combination VDO light switch/pressure sender. You will need to add a wire to the engine harness from the relay board out to the sender.

Use of this green wire will eliminate the need to run your own wire from the pressure sender to the combo gage. The dual VDO light switch/pressure sender you will need is from the 3.6 and is P/N 928-606-203-04-M82. It has M18x1.5 threads that fit the threaded hole where the oil pressure caution light switch is normally mounted on the six. If you use the 3.6 sender with an old gauge movement, it will read double the actual pressure (I left mine this way and just mentally divide the oil pressure reading in half).

Here is a pix of the sender and the extra wire I ran in the engine harness. Hope this helps.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

puffinator
QUOTE(bobm @ May 11 2016, 02:03 AM) *

Just got correct combo gauge for my 70 914-6. I can not seem to find a color wiring
diagram for the gauge. Does anyone have a diagram or photo of the back of the gauge showing wire placement.
Thanks for any help.
Bob

I needed the same info. Check this thread out.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=combo+gauge

gereed75
Bob, do you have a stock combo or one including a pressure gauge?

If it is original ( no pressure gauge) then forget all of my drivel about the extra wire, you don't need it. That is only helpful if hooking up a pressure gauge.

In either case, Puff's thread reference has the correct info. wink.gif
bobm
QUOTE(gereed75 @ May 12 2016, 05:47 AM) *

Bob, do you have a stock combo or one including a pressure gauge?

If it is original ( no pressure gauge) then forget all of my drivel about the extra wire, you don't need it. That is only helpful if hooking up a pressure gauge.

In either case, Puff's thread reference has the correct info. wink.gif

I have an original gauge. Thanks everyone for the photo's and help.
Great forum.
Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.