Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni adjustables...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
naro914
so now that we have Koni adjustables on Huey, I have no clue where to set them. I heard that for AX, set them full soft, and for track, closer to full hard.

22 mm Front sway bar
21 mm torsion bars
225# rear springs

Thoughts? suggestions?

I know there are a lot of other variables: tires, weight, driving style, hp, track, etc...but just looking for a vague starting point. The adjustment knob spins 2.5 ish turns, with no specific 'click' spots or numbers like most adjustable shocks have, so I have no clue where to start.

Thanks!
rhodyguy
Iirc, the paper work that came with mine, ext adj, was to not set them at full soft or hard.
Randal
QUOTE(naro914 @ May 11 2016, 07:17 AM) *

so now that we have Koni adjustables on Huey, I have no clue where to set them. I heard that for AX, set them full soft, and for track, closer to full hard.

22 mm Front sway bar
21 mm torsion bars
225# rear springs

Thoughts? suggestions?

I know there are a lot of other variables: tires, weight, driving style, hp, track, etc...but just looking for a vague starting point. The adjustment knob spins 2.5 ish turns, with no specific 'click' spots or numbers like most adjustable shocks have, so I have no clue where to start.

Thanks!

For autox I set the front koni's 1/2 off full soft, rear about 3/4 turn off.

I had the Smart racing front sway bar that I ran with the their 1" bar (60#-135#) and the adjustment was just an inch off full soft.

Rear springs were 240# if I remember correctly.

Ran this configuration for autox, Medford enduro and hill climbs.

By the way use the search engine on this site and look for autox, autoxsetup, setup, smart racing, koni, shocks, etc. Lots and lots of posting about autoxset up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.