Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reverse lights out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BfloRandy
Hi all, I'm chasing another 914 demon so I can legitimately pass inspection. Reverse lights are out. I have replaced the switch, tried the test where you turn the car on, (without starting it!) put it in reverse, then use a pick to push in the switch where the pin would, in order to rule out a worn pin. No fuses are blown that I can find. I fear that leaves wiring. Oh, and both bulbs are still good, in fact look nearly new. What do you think?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(BfloRandy @ May 11 2016, 07:49 AM) *

Hi all, I'm chasing another 914 demon so I can legitimately pass inspection. Reverse lights are out. I have replaced the switch, tried the test where you turn the car on, (without starting it!) put it in reverse, then use a pick to push in the switch where the pin would, in order to rule out a worn pin. No fuses are blown that I can find. I fear that leaves wiring. Oh, and both bulbs are still good, in fact look nearly new. What do you think?

Have you cleaned the bulbs and socket?
toolguy
Step 1. . remove 2 wires at transmission switch. .
Step 2 . . short them together
Step 3. . If lights come on then = switch problem
If lights do not come on, = then wiring issue, get a wiring diagram and test for battery and ground on leads
BfloRandy
QUOTE(RobW @ May 11 2016, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(BfloRandy @ May 11 2016, 07:49 AM) *

Have you cleaned the bulbs and socket?

So, the bulbs LOOKED good... one was fine, the other disintegrated upon removal. I wrestled the remainder out, and took some sandpaper to the interiors of the sockets, replaced both bulbs. Works! I owe you a beer sir. Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.