Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor fiber washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
1974 2056 D-Jet.

The upper fiber washer is cracked on my distributor shaft. I figure I might as well replace both the upper and lower fiber washers while the disty is apart.

The PET only shows the lower fiber washer, but doesn't list a part number. My disty has both a lower & upper fiber washer.

After scouring the net, I've come up empty trying to find these things. Anyone have a source?

Thanks!
ThePaintedMan
Bob, I ordered some a long time ago from Aircooled.net. They usually have some in stock. However, I *think* I still know where my extras are. The problem is, I'm not sure that's what they are. If you can shoot me the inner diameter and the outer diameter of one, I can send a few to you if I indeed have them.
saigon71
Thanks George. I have a parts request in with Aircooled.net for the fiber washers. If they don't stock them anymore, I'll take the measurements and get in touch.

beerchug.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(saigon71 @ May 13 2016, 08:17 AM) *

Thanks George. I have a parts request in with Aircooled.net for the fiber washers. If they don't stock them anymore, I'll take the measurements and get in touch.

beerchug.gif

there was a guy on the Samba that overhauls all bosch VW/Porsche dizzys,sorry don't have a link,might be worth a search.
aircooledtechguy
Bosch sells (at least for the time being) a distributor rebuild kit with everything needed including those fiber washers. The Bosch p/n is: 1 237 010 007

Amazon and eBay should have them. Not cheap, but you gotta pay to play right? biggrin.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ May 12 2016, 05:28 PM) *

Bosch sells (at least for the time being) a distributor rebuild kit with everything needed including those fiber washers. The Bosch p/n is: 1 237 010 007

Amazon and eBay should have them. Not cheap, but you gotta pay to play right? biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Wow, they are proud of their fiber washers! dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.