Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice Please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike1981
Hello Everyone

Was hoping for some advice please.

I bought 2 trailing arms with cv axles attached

See http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=284397

Well I have dismantled what I could from the arms and was hoping to sell off the unused parts to re-coup some of the costs

Questions

Do any of these parts have any value here?

If so how much should I list them for (range)

Last one..How would I go about getting the rear hubs out of the trailing arms without them attached to the car.

I do not have a press

Thanks for all the help

Mike

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Dave_Darling
From reading another thread just a minute ago, it seems like Eric at PMB Performance needs the brake calipers as cores... I don't know what they're worth to him, though.

CV joints, if in good shape, are worth something.

Trailing arms and four-lug hubs aren't worth a whole lot. Used rear rotors are worth almost nothing.

If you don't have a press, the easiest way to get hubs out of the trailing arms is to take them to someone who does have a press...

--DD
Mike1981
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 11 2016, 06:48 PM) *

From reading another thread just a minute ago, it seems like Eric at PMB Performance needs the brake calipers as cores... I don't know what they're worth to him, though.

CV joints, if in good shape, are worth something.

Trailing arms and four-lug hubs aren't worth a whole lot. Used rear rotors are worth almost nothing.

If you don't have a press, the easiest way to get hubs out of the trailing arms is to take them to someone who does have a press...

--DD

Thank You for your advice
914Sixer
Save the ALL the mounting hardware for the rear shocks IF you take the springs off. People are always in need of it. Probably worth $40 for both sides.
Mike1981
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 11 2016, 08:46 PM) *

Save the ALL the mounting hardware for the rear shocks IF you take the springs off. People are always in need of it. Probably worth $40 for both sides.

Wow I did not know that

How does one remove the shocks?

there is a nut on the inside and a different type of head on the outside

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.