Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Tried to visit Haas F1 factory today, got thru the gate, no access to building or tour :(
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
So after getting out of class today at FANUC I figured I had a bunch of time to kill before I had dinner by myself again (traveling alone sucks) so I swung by the Stewart-Haas Stock Car NASCAR shop.

As I drive up I see the Haas F1 building....holy @#%, I knew it existed, I just didn't think it would be that close to where I was staying.

Well I figure let's go see what I can view. Gate was open with signs for an Event parking, how convenient is that? smile.gif

I park and walk up to where I'd put the lobby if it was my building...damn, both doors locked, so I walk another 30 feet to the left for some other double doors...darn, those too are locked.

I figured at that point I should just go next door to S-H to avoid any more embarrassment and before I am asked to leave! I did panic a little bit since when I was leaving the gate was now closed, luckily it opened up once I got closer!

Anyway, super cool looking place, the machine shop at S-H was pretty impressive, no pictures allowed and I had to view it from the outside showroom area. No big deal, I see machines like that everyday at work, no need to touch them, hahaha

3 more days of eating dinner by myself, I'll be glad to get home late Saturday night.

On the plus side I've been able to catch up on a bunch of reading and I have some peace and quiet to learn C++ programming which I need for an upcoming project in the next few months.

Click to view attachment
ripper911
smilie_pokal.gif first.gif smilie_pokal.gif
veekry9
Click to view attachment
biggrin.gif
/
Congrats, you have some big ones to simply drive in with out an invite.
sixnotfour
Two more days until we're back on track in Barcelona. ‪#‎SpanishGP

poke.gif
Cracker
Bummer! You know Bob Saville (and his wife Nadine) are up there, I'm sure you have dinner with them...you might here of his "engine woes" though (you will...) - just fair warning. poke.gif

(We love ya Bob...just couldn't help myself) rolleyes.gif

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.