Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914/6 steering column plastic clam covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Biggles
As title says. Not the AA ones which don't look good.

This is different to a 911 type

Thanks

Biggles
QUOTE(Biggles @ May 12 2016, 02:09 PM) *

As title says. Not the AA ones which don't look good.

This is different to a 911 type

Thanks

icon_bump.gif
914Sixer
I haven't seen any since the 90's.
SixerJ
I think we should petition Mark at 914 rubber poke.gif to make some, they would fit, def better than the AA ones and more than likely sell like hot cakes
mepstein

agree.gif

I need 2 pair.

gereed75
How close are the 911 ones??
Jonathan Livesay
I'd be in for a set. piratenanner.gif
gcrotvik
In for 2 sets. I have a set from AA to use as a sample if needed.
SixerJ
Sorry Biggles, didn't mean to hijack, bad form....will tackle Mark

Just to bring back on track OP is looking for an OEM set
mepstein
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ May 22 2016, 01:31 PM) *

In for 2 sets. I have a set from AA to use as a sample if needed.

No offense but I would use real ones.
dug
I would like a set and know others that need them too. I have one factory set that could be used to mold from if Mark wants to do it. Sorry Biggles, not for sale:)

cheers,
dug
Biggles
QUOTE(dug @ May 23 2016, 09:52 AM) *

I would like a set and know others that need them too. I have one factory set that could be used to mold from if Mark wants to do it. Sorry Biggles, not for sale:)

cheers,
dug

Cheers guys for keeping this thread going. I'm sure there would be demand for this.

They appear similar to early 911 but doesn't have the cut outs at the back. I had the 911 ones on my car and although it fitted, it wasn't right.

The other thing I can think of doing is getting someone to have a set 3D printed - but not the cheap kind you see in the high street/in the home. No idea how much it would be but it's possible.

Chris
mepstein
I think Mark / 914rubber can get this done one he sees a valid demand. It might not be a high volume item right off the bat but I think the guys who want it will pay to get a quality item produced. I'm told AA's version is not comparable to the origional.
aturboman
For that size part, a proper injection mold will cost around $15-20K; so the issue becomes recovering the tooling costs vs such a small demand item.
Mikey914
Well, I can make these, there are 2 methods. On that is $10k+, the other about $800+ a bunch of my time. Yes I'm willing to make these, but do not want to make a copy of a copy, so If I can borrow a set of originals for 8-10 weeks, yes I would make these. Cost will be dependent on the number of units I can sell, so GB would make these affordable.
PM me for the address to ship to and I will do these.
-Mark
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 23 2016, 08:05 AM) *

Well, I can make these, there are 2 methods. On that is $10k+, the other about $800+ a bunch of my time. Yes I'm willing to make these, but do not want to make a copy of a copy, so If I can borrow a set of originals for 8-10 weeks, yes I would make these. Cost will be dependent on the number of units I can sell, so GB would make these affordable.
-Mark

PM sent!
Biggles
So picking up on Mike's comment, if someone was able to temporarily donate their covers, he would be able to do the tooling. As ever, only as good as the master so any NOS 914/6 clam shell covers out there or excellent originals?

Chris

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ May 23 2016, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 23 2016, 08:05 AM) *

-Mark

PM sent!

Perry Kiehl Clone
I think I have a set of NOS pieces, give me a couple days to check
gcrotvik
See the GB thread in the Garage: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=285686
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.