Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: caravaning to medford. thursday am
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
this will get lost in the shuffle in the 'official' thread.

the ultimate goal would be meeting the northern oregon/pdx faction at the willsonville rest stop and then we can collect other members on the drive south while avoiding traffic. our suggestion is to meet at my house and head south. s bound traffic here calms down after 8am. joint base lewis/mccord personal and state workers in olympia will be at their jobs. easy cruise to pdx.

i live 6 miles east of I-5 and a mile south of HWY 512. my suggestion is to avoid I-5 thru seattle completely when coming from the north end. use 405 sb (bite the bullet and use the hot lanes if 405 is jammed) to 167 sb, south to 512, then 512 wb and take the canyon road exit. sb 167 really opens up in the am. map quest to 12502 40th ave e tacoma 98446. it's about 2 miles to my house after you get off 512. i'd really prefer not to back track to the tacoma mall for a rallying point. can be a major hassle. all of the time thru tacoma freeway construction.

coffee and donuts as long as they last. i'll fire up the compressor for spare air checks ( you don't want to find your spare is FLAT around drain oregon. trust me rolleyes.gif ), bathroom break, what ever. gas up here and you should be able to make it to the salem area easy. i have ample parking. even for big rigs. figure 3-3 1/2 hours to the willsonville rest stop. leaving my house at 9:30/10ish gets us there around 1pm.

if you want to join us send me a pm and i'll give you phone number. if you get held up call and we can wait a bit. the yard bloom is pretty spectacular this year. worth the stop to have a look.

k
greenie
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 12 2016, 05:06 AM) *

this will get lost in the shuffle in the 'official' thread.

the ultimate goal would be meeting the northern oregon/pdx faction at the willsonville rest stop and then we can collect other members on the drive south while avoiding traffic. our suggestion is to meet at my house and head south. s bound traffic here calms down after 8am. joint base lewis/mccord personal and state workers in olympia will be at their jobs. easy cruise to pdx.

i live 6 miles east of I-5 and a mile south of HWY 512. my suggestion is to avoid I-5 thru seattle completely when coming from the north end. use 405 sb (bite the bullet and use the hot lanes if 405 is jammed) to 167 sb, south to 512, then 512 wb and take the canyon road exit. sb 167 really opens up in the am. map quest to 12502 40th ave e tacoma 98446. it's about 2 miles to my house after you get off 512. i'd really prefer not to back track to the tacoma mall for a rallying point. can be a major hassle. all of the time thru tacoma freeway construction.

coffee and donuts as long as they last. i'll fire up the compressor for spare air checks ( you don't want to find your spare is FLAT around drain oregon. trust me rolleyes.gif ), bathroom break, what ever. gas up here and you should be able to make it to the salem area easy. i have ample parking. even for big rigs. figure 3-3 1/2 hours to the willsonville rest stop. leaving my house at 9:30/10ish gets us there around 1pm.

if you want to join us send me a pm and i'll give you phone number. if you get held up call and we can wait a bit. the yard bloom is pretty spectacular this year. worth the stop to have a look.

k

All good except the "coffee and donuts as long as they last."

We need a full blown breakfast, sausage, bacon and eggs, you're riding shotgun, nothing else going on, make us some breakfast old man. chowtime.gif

rhodyguy
No. Wait, ok, breakfast will be served at 5:30. SHARP!!! I get up early.
Rocky
We will be there!
rhodyguy
Can we get some input from the Oregonians on the meet up point and a time? Please? Morgan and i have his addition to the 914 train worked out. I'll call him when we're 1/2 hour north of him and he'll be waiting for us.
Mikey914
Can't be to Willsonville rest stop til 1:30, due to Scott's wife working, but we are down to 1 car now. sad.gif
rhodyguy
If we're a bit early We can wait for you mark.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 12 2016, 07:49 AM) *
No. Wait, ok, breakfast will be served at 5:30. SHARP!!! I get up early.

Isn't 5:30 your normal 3rd pee break anyways?
poke.gif biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
Not since I had my TURP! wink.gif I get to sleep thru the night now and I'm good for 200+ miles if I haven't drunk too much coffee. smile.gif
mstein95
aktion035.gif popcorn[1].gif

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 12 2016, 10:26 AM) *

Can we get some input from the Oregonians on the meet up point and a time? Please? Morgan and have his addition to the 914 train worked out. I'll call him when we're 1/2 hour north of him and he'll be waiting for us.

aircooledtechguy
Sounds like a great plan!! Kevin's house it is!!

PM momentarily. . . driving.gif
rhodyguy
i replied to the pm before seeing this post. whoopee!
rhodyguy
If some of you guys want to go out to have b-fast, there is a Sherry's right off of 512. Stopping to eat at someplace off of 405 is a bad plan. The traffic window will be closed until 10. Your car will reek of clutch. slap.gif w00t.gif
6freak
Ill have lots of room in the truck /trailer for anything like a spear motor or body hahaha...or the guy that promised the other guy hed bring the parts and is tight on space ....yep im try n to go...like really trying i need some fun time all of a sudden driving-girl.gif
smile.gif
rhodyguy
Pm sent.
rhodyguy
We'll wash your car Mike. I have a nice high pressure nozzle. smile.gif
Mikey914
Scored a wash rack in MFR at the hotel!!
Eddie914
OOOOOH! SH*T!

Please forgive me!

WCR fell through the cracks (in my mind).

I just drove through Oregon on Wednesday ... northbound

Have a cold one for me!

Cheers,

Eddie

rhodyguy
Focus Eddie.
PanelBilly
I'm game, but I'll be skipping the 5:30 stuff.
rhodyguy
What? 5:30? You? Why? You've been here. Does that mean you're not going with us?
PanelBilly
The prediction of rain has made me wonder about leaving the 914 home in the nice dry garage. The only water it's seen was from wet sanding. Can somebody order up sunshine?
Eddie914
Me too!Click to view attachment
6freak
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 13 2016, 07:26 AM) *

The prediction of rain has made me wonder about leaving the 914 home in the nice dry garage. The only water it's seen was from wet sanding. Can somebody order up sunshine?

Dont be scared ,the paints not.......get a gallon of speed skin and she wont get wet while get n her shine on...welcome to the curse
smile.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(6freak @ May 14 2016, 08:35 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 13 2016, 07:26 AM) *

Dont be scared ,the paints not.......get a gallon of speed skin and she wont get wet while get n her shine on...welcome to the curse
smile.gif

Cars are NOT made of marshmallow; they will not melt when wet. It'll be fine. You are aware of where you live right?? poke.gif biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
Jason from bothell is on board.
aircooledtechguy
Just want to throw it out there that I will have an empty truck bed if anyone needs parts hauled to/from WCR. Just get them to Kevin's house on Thursday morning and toss 'em in back.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Rocky @ May 12 2016, 08:10 AM) *

We will be there!

Hey ding dongs you forgot about your NW brother what day are you heading out ? ??
I'm heading out tomorrow at 1300 or Thursday @0600 let me know !!!
rhodyguy
We'll leave my house by 9:00. Must be near 2 hours to Oly for you. That's 8 so no point in driving to my house to turn around and drive back south. If you change your mind and take the narrows come to my house. Pm me your phone number. If you wait at the first rest stop south of Oly we can hook up. We'll do a roll thru.
JRust
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ May 17 2016, 10:35 PM) *

We will be there!

Hey ding dongs you forgot about your NW brother what day are you heading out ? ??

Tony, Rich is leaving tomorrow too. He's driving to may place tomorrow night. Crashing here then we'll hit the road from here thursday morning. Your welcome too if you come tomorrow. Not sure when he is leaving but might be worth checking with him
TC 914-8
QUOTE(JRust @ May 17 2016, 11:33 PM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ May 17 2016, 10:35 PM) *

We will be there!

Tony, Rich is leaving tomorrow too. He's driving to may place tomorrow night. Crashing here then we'll hit the road from here thursday morning. Your welcome too if you come tomorrow. Not sure when he is leaving but might be worth checking with him

Sounds good guys I'll PM my # to Kevin, I think I have Rockys # I'll shoot him a text
If you guys leave at 0900 what time you planning to be in Medford ?
rhodyguy
At this time the Only deadline is the wilsonville rest stop at 1:30. 4 1/2 hours buys us some leeway.
sportlicherFahrer
Looks like I will be 914-less for this one unless anyone has a set of dual 40's that I can swap onto my car tonight/in the AM. Been trying to hunt down my rich condition on the D-jet all day. Went to take the car around the block, and it popped and died. Wont restart either. Done with FI until I have the $$$$$ for a 21st century solution.

I am serious about the carbs. I will give someone $200 to hold onto until we get back and I can take them off until new ones arrive. Ordering the new ones tonight unless a miracle happens and the FI runs....... ar15.gif
rhodyguy
Don't sweat the weather. Clearing up here. PNW spring weather. To be expected. Going to check the suck traffic coming south. WSDOT real time traffic. Funny. Check it out.

Edit: red is bad enough. Black? STOPPED! Plus there is a weather convergence zone north of Seattle. Prob raining pretty good right now.
championgt1
How are the doughnuts? Get out the RainX!

driving.gif
Mikey914
Confirmed Willsonville rest stop 13:30, we will try to be earlier.
-Mark and crew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.