Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy anniversary to me!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
Well for the last few weeks my wife has been asking me how much it would cost to get my teener done. And I tell her "looks like 6-7K for all the body work and paint (flares and I want a NICE paint job, and some minor rust repair), and say 100o to get the whole interior done (dr. evil), bumpers and rockers (FG), and maybe a thou in misc stuff, so figure 10K.
She always looked dissapointed, but she has always been more sympathetic than I ever thought she would be.

WELL today she suprised me with my anniversary present! She has been hoarding for at least 2 years, and it looks like I better get moving to get it finished!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
$5000 cash!

what a woman! She needs to go into the wife hall of fame!
wrpspddrvr
Use a couple hundred to buy her something nice- and not as an anniversary gift. wub.gif

JMO

Cole monkeydance.gif
don9146
Does she have a sister?
gopack
Sure does! One is single too! But you would have to move to WI, but Madison is a great city!
Mueller
sweet !!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
aircooledboy
2 Things:

1) HOLY CRAP DOES YOUR AVATAR PICTURE LOOK LIKE MY OLDEST BROTHER!!!!! ohmy.gif I gotta find a picture with hat and sunglasses, you won't believe it.

2) Ain't it great to have no idea what other guys are talking about when they bitch about their wives. wub.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
Rhodes71/914
NICE!!! ohmy.gif

kafermeister
Wow! Congrats. Sounds like you were totally supprised. My wife once bought me a Beetle project on one of our anniversaries. I was supprised at the time as well.

In a related note, my wife and I just got back today from Metamora Indiana for our 12th wedding anniversary.
TimT
Use a couple hundred to buy her something nice- and not as an anniversary gift.   wub.gif  

agree.gif
balljoint
Just showed this thread to my wife.

"Very nice." She says. "But it's still not gonna happen for you."

I may not get the cash but at least I don't get the opposite.
Gint
Sweet! wub.gif

My wife asked me the other day (after she got a real job offer, for real money) how much it would cost to finish my teener after the tub gets home. I told her $5-10k and at least 6 months, maybe 2 years if I have to scrape cash together as I go.

She told me I could have $1k a month to get it done! I have enough money stashed, and enough used parts inventory to sell off, that 5 months of that could actually see my 914 hit the road by Fall.

So now you need to get your ass to work! Before she takes it back!
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Gint @ Apr 2 2005, 06:00 PM)
Sweet! wub.gif

My wife asked me the other day (after she got a real job offer, for real money) how much it would cost to finish my teener after the tub gets home. I told her $5-10k and at least 6 months, maybe 2 years if I have to scrape cash together as I go.

She told me I could have $1k a month to get it done! I have enough money stashed, and enough used parts inventory to sell off, that 5 months of that could actually see my 914 hit the road by Fall.

So now you need to get your ass to work! Before she takes it back!

FFC?
Gint
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Apr 2 2005, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (Gint @ Apr 2 2005, 06:00 PM)
Sweet!   wub.gif

My wife asked me the other day (after she got a real job offer, for real money) how much it would cost to finish my teener after the tub gets home.  I told her $5-10k and at least 6 months, maybe 2 years if I have to scrape cash together as I go.

She told me I could have $1k a month to get it done!  I have enough money stashed, and enough used parts inventory to sell off, that 5 months of that could actually see my 914 hit the road by Fall.

So now you need to get your ass to work!  Before she takes it back!

FFC?

Gonna be a long summer baby! But at least the parts will all be clean. cool.gif
KaptKaos
Dude, that is so cool. I will show my wife as well.

It's a good thing it wasn't all $1 bills wink.gif
URY914
That really is sweet. Buy her a nice shop vac. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (gopack @ Apr 2 2005, 03:13 PM)
what a woman! She needs to go into the wife hall of fame!

you're a lucky man!

my wife likes the 914 but she's scared to drive it ...

dunno why, she's actually a good driver.
confused24.gif Andy
Thorshammer
Please send photos of sister... Stop
front and back sides please.... stop
send photos of 5k cash to finish race car...stop
send photos of spare race engine and slicks...stop
include any medications she is receiving....stop

Tell your wife the 914 club guys appreciate her gesture in getting your car back on the road. My wife bought quite few parts for the racecar, only she does'nt know it. unsure.gif

Erik Madsen

redshift
WHOA! Get her a vacuum cleaner! I agree!

smile.gif

Kiss her for me, and tell her to send me a PM!

M
LvSteveH
I finally went back to work the other day after taking a 3 year vacation, and my wife said I don't have to sell my 73 3.8L buick conversion car w/heat and ac. I had planned on sellng it to keep me unemployed long enough to attend the WCC, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to go with the new gig (although I already sent in the check.)

While this may seem like a nice gesture, keep in mind that I already have more cars than anyone has a right to and we could really still use the money to pay off credit cards and such. A 914 obscession isn't cheap as you all know. I think I've spent $7000 in the last month buying another 914 and some very nice parts.

I'll still end up selling it, but it's nice to know she cares enough to let me keep it if I wanted to. It's still temptiong, the thought of A/C is almost too much to pass up living in Vegas.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Apr 2 2005, 03:26 PM)

2) Ain't it great to have no idea what other guys are talking about when they bitch about their wives. wub.gif  :trophy:  :beer2:

agree.gif yes it is!

That's great!!!! After attending a few 914 events with me my wife really understands why I love my car. She doesn't give me any crap about working on, buying for, or driving my 914. Her only requirement is that we spend family time together with or without the 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.