Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Tribute Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOEPROPER
I'v been looking at this '76 GT Tribute car on EBAY and was wondering why no one here has commented on it yet. Looks great, but no real description and no trouble spot photos... Am I missing something wrong that everyone else sees? huh.gif drooley.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252381091622

boxsterfan
Car looks great. I don't know how old of a restore it is. In pictures, it can be hard to tell how good the paint job truly is. I doubt if there is rust on this car, but pictures of the longs, underbody would help. Also, pics of the car during restoration would provide the most value.

$47K and the reserve has not been met. For a 2.7L tribute car with unknown age of when it was restored to this condition (last year, five years ago, ten years ago?), it just seems like it is missing info.
iwanta914-6
It's on their website for $59,900
Cracker
That is allot of coin for a conversion...worth it? Not to me...

When I sold my old vette I provided over 100 pictures and a couple pages of copy - two-three sentences here - woefully under informative. Probably by design...

T
JOEPROPER
I figured that the lack of information was the reason. I wonder why this info is missing for what appears to be a really nice car and assume as a dealer, they would be experienced sellers.

O.K. I didn't look at their website... I do see there are a few recent bids trying to reach that reserve.
Jeffs9146
Not smog legal in CA. and some other states.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ May 13 2016, 10:22 AM) *

That's a good point also....being a 1976 hurts for states that have the smog rules (California for me).

JOEPROPER
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ May 13 2016, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ May 13 2016, 10:22 AM) *

That's a good point also....being a 1976 hurts for states that have the smog rules (California for me).

I didn't know that. In NY anything before 1996 (pre OBD2) is fair game for a sticker without emission test.
Ferg
Yeah 76 is a deal killer here in CO too. Well at least where I live, its county by county
porbmw
some teeners sure look good in black, though.... aktion035.gif
Justinp71
Nice car. Where can you get those seats and door panels? Does someone make them or is that all custom?
EdwardBlume
Car looks cool, but as mentioned, a 76 in CA is automatically ignored...
brant
the dash fits almost like its a dash cover?
JmuRiz
Texture looks like it too....not that I'm hating, I have one on mine, but I don't think I'd list my car at anywhere close to that price either.
Chris914n6
Looks like a full resto. Miles 8,950. I'd reset the odo if I built a whole car too.

For > $40k I'd expect the dash to be wrapped, not a cheap plastic overlay.
tomrev
I have been wondering about the black 1970 six that is on ebay, at $49K. Am I missing something on it? Sure looks like a real six, and with the original 2.0L included, why this seemingly solid car has been listed for so long?
whitetwinturbo
Looked nice but I blow off all 76+ years due to Kaleeefornaktion address. smoke.gif
JOEPROPER
What year is the cut off for emission testing in California? Is there a stick test or dyno?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(tomrev @ May 13 2016, 01:17 PM) *

I have been wondering about the black 1970 six that is on ebay, at $49K. Am I missing something on it? Sure looks like a real six, and with the original 2.0L included, why this seemingly solid car has been listed for so long?

BHCC

The car was on CL from a Pvt Pty for far less. See their other cars for the value they add.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ May 14 2016, 05:21 AM) *

What year is the cut off for emission testing in California? Is there a stick test or dyno?

I've had both but have newer cars now.
porschetub
hard to see much wrong in this car really,that paint just pops out at you,not easy to do that in black
Car sits and looks right.
Dash cap? really looks like one ...probably one of the few negitives.
injunmort
you could build that car from scratch for 2/3 the money the way you wanted it
Cairo94507
Maybe you could, most can not - including me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.