Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canepa Cars & Coffee Tomorrowv Morning 8-12
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matthepcat
In my current effort to get bay area 914 folks together more regularly.

Lets go to this tomorrow(Saturday) morning: http://canepa.com/canepa-cars-coffee-returns-for-2016/

I will be heading up Hwy 17 around 7AM.

If anyone wants to meet up in Los Gatos, let me know.

Click to view attachment
Justinp71

Hey I'm in that picture! (standing next to the middle red car). That was a seriously good time.

Canepa has some seriously cool cars, never seen a collection like that anywhere else. I wish I could make it, have fun!

EdwardBlume
Worth the drive and effort to go! I have baseball and Scott's for my son on Sat. Have fun!
matthepcat
I am wrapping up my bumper back date tonight! No pressure!
Millerwelds
I went to his website and was watching the video of Bruce racing the 917 at Laguna Seca and spotted the 914 corner in the background. Seemed fitting beerchug.gif . It showed up at 2:01.

Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
I'm planning on being there.
Mike Bellis
Not me, I'm heading to the utopia known as Modesto to help Andyrew and his Audi 914... smile.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 13 2016, 02:36 PM) *

Hey I'm in that picture! (standing next to the middle red car). That was a seriously good time.

Canepa has some seriously cool cars, never seen a collection like that anywhere else. I wish I could make it, have fun!

Hey me too!! Your standing next to my yellow car and I am next to the white flared car top right. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
matthepcat
Good luck! Nothing like being magically whisked away to Modesto!

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 13 2016, 05:16 PM) *

Not me, I'm heading to the utopia known as Modesto to help Andyrew and his Audi 914... smile.gif

matthepcat
Well ready for tomorrow.

Getting the backdate bumper on the front revealed some body damage, which made it impossible to align the front bumper...yay! On the upside I am actually feel the handling and power difference dropping the heavy versions.

Hope to see some 914's at the meet tomorrow.
dlkawashima
Sorry for the delayed reply ... been out all day. What a zoo it was at Canepa, the busiest I've ever seen it.

Here are just a few snapshots of the 914s at today's cars & coffee.

I was surprised to see a 914 on the shop floor, a '73 2-liter.
Canepa usually doesn't work on "econo" cars so either the 914 is gaining respect or this particular car belongs to someone famous.
Click to view attachment

Some of you might remember the "Driving While Awesome" Youtube video of the red 914 driving the backroads above and around Santa Cruz.
Well, this is the car and Travis is the owner.
Click to view attachment

Here's another car some of you might remember, the 11,000 mile Berber yellow '75 2-liter.
The car now has 20,000 miles but as you can see, it's still immaculate. Compare this yellow with the bright yellow Mazda in the background ... it's definitely a unique color.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Matthepcat's '75 914, looking very stock, except for the 5-lugs, euro tail lights, shaved side markers, missing driver's side mirror, naked sail panels, backdated bumpers ...
Click to view attachment

... and a 13B rotary neatly installed in the engine bay.
Click to view attachment

Speaking of conversions, here's computers4kids V8 conversion now residing in NorCal.
Click to view attachment
dangrouche

thanks for the pics; awesome gathering and collection
Cairo94507
I am going to try to make it in June. Thanks for the pictures.
matthepcat
Great to see you Dave. I'm always impressed at your wife's knowledge of cars and nice to have a familiar face there.

Your V8 really is beautiful in person.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.