Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should have known Better
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
In my rush to discover the clunk noise coming from the front end 5days before Rt66, I got sloppy. I sat the outer wheel bearings upon a piece of dirty cardboard vs. a clean baggie, when dropping the struts. The one damn time I break the rule it bites me in the butt. headbang.gif
I originally thought the noise was the tire separating, which would have been Ron's fault for making me exceed my tires speed rating on our way to Rt66. shades.gif When we returned I put it on the lift and when spun the L wheel had a rough spot. Pulled it apart and sure enough the outer bearing is toast. Bearings only had 7K on them. Damn it! And I did both sides the same so look out R side. Time to do both sides; again.
Laziness shows no mercy. bootyshake.gif
r_towle
It could still be blamed on Ron, was there a weight differential from one side of the car to the other?
76-914
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 13 2016, 07:12 PM) *

It could still be blamed on Ron, was there a weight differential from one side of the car to the other?

Uhh Rich, that's a loaded question that I dare not answer. Never know when my co-pilot might log on. lol-2.gif
rhodyguy
The correct answer would be NO. 'Perfect balance on the corners'. All bases covered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.