Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hate people
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hawktel
Well today at Walmart, one of the 3 toothed, sloping foreheaded, ear biters, on a date with his sister did this to my GF's 01 Passat

Front
Hawktel
and this
Hawktel
and this
Hawktel
and ended with this barf.gif

So, she is calling her insurance people on monday and we will get some estimates done later in the week.

So any one got any guesses Cost to repair? Prove your worth at diagnotic work over the web and throw up a guess. I'll put down what the estimate is after we get it done.

Its all for panels, front, fender, drivers door, passenger door, and rear fender, and it looks down to the metal in a few places.
RangerRhett
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Apr 2 2005, 03:58 PM)
and ended with this

Sorry Bro...

Shop at TARGET...
Rhodes71/914
Dude that sucks.

Another good reason to stay away from Wally World.
mattillac
thats gay. sorry. i hate shit like that too.
mack914
next time your at walmart pick up some of that car polish that is color blended so that it will hide inperfections in the paint. Looks like you need black. Save you hundreds.
Doesn't that just piss you off????
Mueller
......my wifes Volvo got the same treatment in front of our house last year....a-hole wanna be gang members from what the police think....insurance covered it, but it was a $1500 job for one side repaint...car looks great and you cannot tell, but it sucks either way...if I ever caught someone keying someones car, I'd take out years of frustration on them...there is no f'n excuss to do that kind of damage.......
xsboost90
it must happen alot, i had to repaint the side of a hyundai santa fe that someone at work had keyed at walley world.
Hawktel
QUOTE (mack914 @ Apr 2 2005, 04:20 PM)
next time your at walmart pick up some of that car polish that is color blended so that it will hide inperfections in the paint. Looks like you need black. Save you hundreds.
Doesn't that just piss you off????

I'm very tempted on the polish idea.

Would it last for long?
TimT
That sucks....

In 1984 I picked up a brand new to me 1972 911... the first night of ownership, I went out to dinner with my then girlfriend.. and came out of the resturant to find my car keyed on just about every surface....

Id cap someone in the femur if I witness that again
RangerRhett
A Friend of mine caught a kid spitting into and actually getting ready to key his brand new Jeep Wrangler Sport...(summertime - top was off)

The kid was with a friend and my friend made like he was heading for another car nearby and then ran over and grabbed the instigator...the kid's friend ran off...It would have been hilarious...but I would have gone a little crazier than my buddy did...cooler heads prevailed on this one

I wish I was there to see that go down...
redshift
I would do it myself, with touch up paint, a brush, and 320-600-1200-1800-2400 grit.

Sucks. I had a time with some vandals, once.

M
StratPlayer
I had just got out of the Army, saved my money entire time in the army. I went an bought myself a brand new 67 SS396, 375 horse, midnight blue, black interior. 2 weeks after owning this car I was at a bar about 60 miles from home. I was leaving the bar with a friend and had the car parked in the back of the bar. I see the hood of my car was up and someone was under the hood. I picked up a 4 foot 2x4 laying next to the building and snuck up on the person under the hood of my car.... when he came out from under the hood of the car and turned around to see who was there,,, I creamed him with the 2x4 right in the face. Needless to say I got in a peck of trouble over that. They took him away in an ambulance. I went to the police station. Looking back at it now,,, I would do it all over again and not lose a minutes sleep over it... If that turkey that was trying to steal my carb, an cut all the fuel lines and other shit he did is still alive today,,, he still can't chew a steak.
stags14
I would love to catch the cowardly punks in the act. ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
Katmanken
Went to my eye Dr. once several years ago and saw my first Boxter.

Figgured it belonged to one of the eye docs....

When I came out, some A**hole had keyed both sides of it....

Some people deserve to be shot....Can't have it, I'll key it.... ar15.gif ar15.gif finger.gif

Ken
redshift
QUOTE (StratPlayer @ Apr 2 2005, 09:08 PM)
he still can't chew a steak.

These storys make me feel warm all over.

smilie_pokal.gif

Did you get his address? I'd like to take a couple shots at him too.

M
p914
Maaco in WA would charge 875 for a prep job on the body along with the Value Prep job + the presidential paint job with a single stage clear coat (value sealer) on it.

That's just plain f**kin wrong to do that.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (redshift @ Apr 2 2005, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (StratPlayer @ Apr 2 2005, 09:08 PM)
he still can't chew a steak.

These storys make me feel warm all over.

smilie_pokal.gif

Did you get his address? I'd like to take a couple shots at him too.

M

I just had a steak... after Miles' pronouncement I chuckled enough to lose it.. Damit, knock that shit off! The meat was G U D! laugh.gif

A biker friend was sittin in his car with his wife (he's from Boston) when this guy opens his door into Willies & made a nice dent. Willie says, "H E Y ! WTF? The guy says, dohnworry'boutdid." mad.gif

Wille gets out of his car & proceeds to cave all 4 doors of the jerks car with his size 13 boot & replys with "dohnworry'boutdid" beerchug.gif

Dohnmess wit Willie mueba.gif

......b

P.s. Sorry 'bout the key job Hawk, That's gotta be the most childish chickenshit thing to do. ar15.gif
Scott Carlberg
Sorry to hear about the damage to your gf's Passat

why Do people do such dumbshit things like that to people's cars????
If you have a problem with someone, try taking your Anger out on that
person, not their vehicle.

finger.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif STOOPID People chair.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
tat2dphreak
my 914 is keyed down one side too... before I got it... sad.gif it's the shittiest thing someone can do: F with your car!! mad.gif ar15.gif

sorry man
type47fan
I was able to spend a few hours with Norm "Dad" Roberts last Friday night. He was in San Diego to show his beautiful VW Type 3, 455 Olds powered mid engine wonder at the Good Guys show at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.

He showed me the dent and chip on his driver's door made about an hour earlier, by an inconsiderate lady, in a rental car, who just flung her door open and creamed his car. He obviously confronted her on it and she DENIED it. As he related it, she actually claimed she was handicapped and couldn't possibly have opened the door hard enough to damage his car, even though he saw the whole thing. Amazing. . . .

(Thanks for the ride, Norm!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.