Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clear tail light lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
Any leads on a nice set of rear lenses, in clear? I would like to buy a pair.

Thanks
ArtechnikA
Italian spec; very rare...
grasshopper
heres someone who sells them clear lenses
sorry for the bad pic
retrotech
Thanks, I just e mailed them to get availability and price.
Mueller
QUOTE (retrotech @ Apr 2 2005, 05:36 PM)
Thanks, I just e mailed them to get availability and price.

I thought he stopped making them, not too many people cared for the screw heads being exposed on the outside of the lense, maybe he changed the design to look more factory......

ArtechnikA
Claus Studios is listed in the Resources section, along with this message:

[/QUOTE]Posted: Feb 18 2005, 02:30 PM
I spoke with Greg today at 11:20 am and he told me he was not interested in making anymore 914 lenses[/QUOTE]

they were "similar" to the 914 lenses. if you were looking at 'similar' and not authenticity, they might be the deal if any more are made. (it'd be a bit of work to properly clone an Italian-spec car :-) ...)
StratPlayer
Here ya go this is what your looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=10076
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (StratPlayer @ Apr 6 2005, 04:41 PM)
Here ya go this is what your looking for
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=10076

i think he wants real ones ...

soon to be produced Italian tail light set for the 914.
retrotech
Thanks for the E Bay lead. I don't care if they orig., as long as they fit and are of good quality. I think these will do fine.
chilli
ohmy.gif Why driving.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (retrotech @ Apr 6 2005, 05:48 PM)
Thanks for the E Bay lead. I don't care if they orig., as long as they fit and are of good quality. I think these will do fine.

there is no question that they are not original. the point is that they do not EXIST.

you're bidding on something that might exist some day. (but you're expected to pay right away.)
Rand
Why? Colored LED bulbs behind clear lenses would be pretty cool. They are brighter, more visible, use less power, and last forever. They have a high tech look. I like how the turn signals are instant on/off.
greg.treadway
The one on ebay is an AutoAtlanta lens. Email me if you want the scoop. We are making them and if we can ever get them through customs they will be available in Euro, Italian, and USA specs.
CptTripps
Wasn't there a thread about soaking them in Pine-Sol to remove the color from the stock lenses?
greg.treadway
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Apr 6 2005, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (retrotech @ Apr 6 2005, 05:48 PM)

there is no question that they are not original. the point is that they do not EXIST.

you're bidding on something that might exist some day. (but you're expected to pay right away.)

The ones in the ebay listing do exist. But only what the auction says. No, that is not me selling them.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (greg.treadway @ Apr 6 2005, 05:06 PM)
The one on ebay is an AutoAtlanta lens. Email me if you want the scoop. We are making them and if we can ever get them through customs they will be available in Euro, Italian, and USA specs.

no french ones? (amber backup's)??? dry.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 6 2005, 07:30 PM)
Wasn't there a thread about soaking them in Pine-Sol to remove the color from the stock lenses?

yep, just a few days ago... I'm doing that to the front signal lenses soon!!
scotty b
QUOTE (chilli @ Apr 6 2005, 03:04 PM)
ohmy.gif Why driving.gif

Cause rice is in man laugh.gif Clear lenses, c.f. anything and everything, Maxwellhouse exhaust, 22's on 10 series. Bring it on Exibit!
I actually do like the fronts clear, but no can go on the rears! barf.gif
greg.treadway
I like Euros myself.

user posted image
Brando
On a white car or a dark blue car... i think the clear lenses look good. Maybe on black but that's what smoked lenses are for smile.gif

Rice is useless mods. like a 2-foot wing made of plexiglass, or a fenders that scrape the ground and have no ventilation ducting for an oil cooler that coincidentally isn't there. Or K&N air filters with silicon covered tubing "gauranteed" to give +20hp with stock injection.

Or big gay decals. Definitely the big gay decals.
jgiroux67
Don't forget underglow!
mk114
yep and they turn out great Mothers cleaned them up

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...8559&hl=pinesol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.