Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need some TR7 help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jd74914
Okay. Today I helped my friend put new springs and struts on his car. Then we went to put his new convertable top on, and needed some of these.

Does anyone know where to get them. They are pop rivited on (I assume, I never saw them on the car). See the pictures below please.

Thanks in advance for any help. James.
jd74914
bottom
jd74914
side
jd74914
back again
mack914
I'm an old TR7 guy. I have what I think are the same pieces, but they are not rounded on the sides. I believe I order them from a Triumph parts place to repair my top, but they came back a little different. Should work if the are the same length and the hole spacing is the same. Mine measure 2-5/8" in length with the hole spacing at 2-1/8". I have two of them, let me know if you think they may work. If I can remember correctly they just hold the canvas strapping to the top frame, these should work. Sorry no pictures.
Mack
Gint
I haven't used my Triumph links in so long, I don't know where they are.

Off the top of my head:

http://www.the-roadster-factory.com/

http://www.victoriabritish.com/
jd74914
Many thanks Mike. smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif

The Roadster Factory has the parts Dan needs (he's IMing me now telling me to profusely thank you). pray.gif

Mack914- The rivet spacing on the plates is about 1 1/4" screwy.gif . Thanks for the offer though.

Gint
Happy to help (keep a British car owner dry). laugh.gif driving.gif
Steve Thacker
Go to www.Victoriabritish.com as mentioned, if they don't have it, you don't need it. Also get their catalog. They have super fast shipping.
Gint
QUOTE (Steve Thacker @ Apr 3 2005, 04:28 AM)
Go to www.Victoriabritish.com as mentioned, if they don't have it, you don't need it. Also get their catalog. They have super fast shipping.

A few of VB's parts can end up being of questionable quality though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.