Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fun in the garage. W/front sway bar install pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
a very bad sign.

k
rhodyguy
very clean. al doesn't have much history on his car. interesting hub dry.gif . the bottom of his car is real clean. i'll get pictures of that in a couple of days.

k
rhodyguy
tidy tankwell.

k
redshift
Oh my! You have a major infestation!

Run to Home Despot, and get a Sawzall, PAAARONTO!

M
rhodyguy
nifty backing plates. al made these.

k
rhodyguy
another axis.

k
rhodyguy
preweld. magnetic plates and bolts. no nuts req.

k
rhodyguy
we also did a bump steer kit and turbo tierods. al welded engman's fine sway bar tabs. no pic.

k
rhodyguy
a touch of dirk wright. tank out, electric washer fluid pump. "while i'm in there..."i can still get the tank in MY car out to put one in before i button things up. biggrin.gif

k
rhodyguy
me.

k
rhodyguy
a wall.

k
rhodyguy
good light for working.

k
rick 918-S
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Apr 2 2005, 05:48 PM)
preweld. magnetic plates and bolts. no nuts req.

k

wub.gif
rhodyguy
a happy guy!! smilie_pokal.gif fiddled with things a bit. tierods seem fairly parallel to the horizon, to the eye. productive day. drives pretty good. al plans to align and corner balance after he puts in the rear sway. later this week. nice car. al has personalized his car in very subtle ways. nice car.

k
Gint
I love wub.gif Delphi Green.

Nice work guys.
rhodyguy
i moved the sawhorses one time prior to the picture so they wouldn't be in it screwy.gif . so focused on the car i didn't see them.

k
seanery
for some reason the subject line had me a bit worried. Good job guys, nice car!
rhodyguy
that would have never thought of that. ohmy.gif you need to get out more! biggrin.gif .

k
jd74914
Nice sign. Where did you get it? We've only ever had vizsla's around here, best dogs ever biggrin.gif Ours is really strange though, its afraid of gun shots (and its a bird dog), but it will kill all in a manner of moles and other large rodents it finds, and sniff out mice screwy.gif

The sway bar install looks good too (I'm still captivated by the sign though) smilie_pokal.gif

user posted image
ablose58
Had a great time Kevin smilie_pokal.gif I hope that I can stay up at work tonight cause I got no sleep, but we sure got it done today biggrin.gif AL
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Apr 2 2005, 07:10 PM)
a happy guy!! smilie_pokal.gif fiddled with things a bit. tierods seem fairly parallel to the horizon, to the eye. productive day. drives pretty good. al plans to align and corner balance after he puts in the rear sway. later this week. nice car. al has personalized his car in very subtle ways. nice car.

k

Kevin, that's one Bigassed Pierus. I've never seen one that tall! ohmy.gif
Thanks again for the throttle body beer.gif

.......b
rhodyguy
bruce, hope the t.b. might help with the car. that pierus is one of the smaller ones wink.gif .

k
rhodyguy
i love the smell of fill rod in the morning. it smells like sway bars.

k
rhodyguy
s.b.

k
rhodyguy
typical surface problem. nothing major. an 9 as far as trunks go.

k
rhodyguy
in progress.

k
rhodyguy
the bling.

k
rhodyguy
i snuck in another plant. wink.gif green, green, green. beautiful car.

k
JmuRiz
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Apr 2 2005, 05:56 PM)
a touch of dirk wright. tank out, electric washer fluid pump. "while i'm in there..."i can still get the tank in MY car out to put one in before i button things up. biggrin.gif

k

What pump did you use? I might do the same when/if I take my tank out. Car looks great.
Root_Werks
That is cool stuff you guys! Right on! boldblue.gif
rhodyguy
nathan, i think it's just some generic from autozone with a switch mounted in the spare hole, on the left side of the dash face. best part is, the old crappy lines going to the wiper switch don't pee on your pants.

k
ablose58
More fun yesterday smilie_pokal.gif I changed out intake gaskets/fuel inj. seals/plenum hoses/all vac lines so no vac leaks for me happy11.gif mueba.gif
rhodyguy
how did the car run on the drive home? after getting my lard ass out, does the car seem like the power is up? that pos vaccum line kit was a work of art rolleyes.gif. i will be bringing my aluminum pole for the airing of grievences at the wcc.

k
ablose58
More responsive,smoother,and more power captain biggrin.gif I believe kermit is about as ready as he is gonna be smilie_pokal.gif Just have to hook up head temp/vac and air/fuel gauges and I will be ready to ROCK smilie_pokal.gif AL
rhodyguy
how fast thru the 45mph zone at the burley exit, 90? biggrin.gif i'm glad things worked out. it was a pleasure working on the cars with you, again. i edited that last reply.

k
914werke
Al, I see those HE's are a bit rusty sad.gif How about a pair of SS units? smile.gif
dinomium
glad to see ya got the swaybar on Al... that is one sweet ride!
How about an update from Kevin? beer.gif
rhodyguy
my car is running very well. i had the car into Redmond European for a corner balance and alignment last fri. had a sneezy carb and i ironed that out today. my setup worked well before, but i have it zeroed in now. a few minor items, change oil, trim mostly. i'll be ready earlier than the day before i have to leave, unlike last year. proof my dirty engine is in the car biggrin.gif . rich, al has a set of new ss 2.0 ready to go. he chose to wait until after the wcc before tearing into the heating/ehaust system. smart move. his heating works like gang busters, with no leaks.

k
Aaron Cox
kevin.... our engines are idential....

i made a cool bracket and put my breather in the same spot too wink.gif
rick 918-S
clap.gif wub.gif
rhodyguy
do you have the same k&n filters? mine are kind of big compared to others i've seen. i really worked the triad linkage in. fine degree of minute adjustment on the drops, you can see the nice angularity in the picture. the sycronometer read identical. don't get me wrong i still have dwd. it's manageable now. a little engine mod coming this week wink.gif . have you ever seen this aaron? dave could sell a zillion of these. 0 hassle with the valance.

k
rhodyguy
2 guys ready to roll. driving.gif rocking nana.gif

k
boxstr
Yes that doe's look like two gays ready to roll. Kevin It looks to me like you need a big frosty Grape drink, I 'll have a six pack of them for you at CAMP on Thursday. laugh.gif CCLINWELCHS
rhodyguy
Bump for sway bar install pictures. Too hard to explain with words.
wndsnd
Nice looking car Kevin.
914werke
dry.gif
more pics of you & Al than of the job....
Let me help:

rhodyguy
all i wanted to show were the cuts required to get the rear backing plates in place under the tank. iirc al opened the access cuts a bit to allow for the welding. when we in campbell/san jose in 05', i was at hph and 2 914s were being repaired due to no backing plates being installed. the 'phony' u-bolt method had been used on both cars and the u-bolts had torn threw the wheel well. it's an ugly mess when it happens.
914werke
Those back plates arent required (for a street driven car) as they weren't even installed OE.
The installation I showed I didnt even pull the tank.
rhodyguy
Another way to do the front bar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.