Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel quandry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
So I bought an 87 carrera in October last year from a client and cleaned it up a ton fixed a bunch of things and sold it to friend in Alabama. He did not want the 15x7 and 15x8 Fuchs that were on there so we worked out a deal for me to keep the wheels and brand new 100 miles on them p6000 tires that were also put on in October.

So the question is what are they worth? I planned to use them on my build but now my buddy wants them for the carrera as they are original.. I would like something back compaarable.. And what to have a good handle on it.
mepstein
Wheels are worth $1500
Maybe a bit more to someone who cares about proper date codes with their car.
If you want that setup we probably have it at the shop and you know I'll work something out for you. smile.gif
mb911
I really just want like condition 16x7 and 16x8 with like condition tires. What I have now would be perfect the guy just wants them otherwise I wouldn't even have the conversation..
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 15 2016, 03:34 PM) *

I really just want like condition 16x7 and 16x8 with like condition tires. What I have now would be perfect the guy just wants them otherwise I wouldn't even have the conversation..

I do sometimes struggle with customers who confuse me with the return counter at Walmart.
Mike Bellis
Tell him "NO" and keep them.
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 15 2016, 11:57 AM) *

I do sometimes struggle with customers who confuse me with the return counter at Walmart.

Lol awesome statement..

McMark
Or, if he REALLY wants those, just make him buy what you want and 'trade'. That way you're not getting stiffed.
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 15 2016, 11:01 AM) *

So I bought an 87 carrera in October last year from a client and cleaned it up a ton fixed a bunch of things and sold it to friend in Alabama. He did not want the 15x7 and 15x8 Fuchs that were on there so we worked out a deal for me to keep the wheels and brand new 100 miles on them p6000 tires that were also put on in October.

So the question is what are they worth? I planned to use them on my build but now my buddy wants them for the carrera as they are original.. I would like something back compaarable.. And what to have a good handle on it.

Interesting question and position to be in.
I guess it depends on how good he's a "buddy " to you are....do you want to make $ off your buddy or not. Why not just sell it back for the same deal you work out when you first sell the car?
What's this friend worth? Believe me, I've bought parts, needed the $ , sell for my cost.... as I needed $ . Friend turns around and sells it for X $ money...I found out when I asked if I could buy it back
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 15 2016, 12:57 PM) *

I struggle when I see people return half an eaten pie at Costco....
mb911
QUOTE(396 @ May 16 2016, 05:06 AM) *

I guess it depends on how good he's a "buddy " to you are....do you want to make $ off your buddy or not. Why not just sell it back for the same deal you work out when you first sell the car?
What's this friend worth? Believe me, I've bought parts, needed the $ , sell for my cost.... as I needed $ . Friend turns around and sells it for X $ money...I found out when I asked if I could buy it back

I don't want to make any money but here is a simpler version

8x15s nice condition needs no restoration
7x15 both probably could be redone
Tires p6000 and brand new

So what this means to me very little work and I have nice wheels for my project car that requires very little hassle

I would like the same in return but are 7 and 8s in 16inch comparable in price?
infraredcalvin
we worked out a deal for me to keep the wheels and brand new 100 miles on them p6000

Sounds like you already established a value...

Is it worth losing a buddy now that you know he wants them?
Mikey914
I would think that a buddy would be able to come to a determination of a fair value, and work out a solution that is equitable to both of you.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 16 2016, 03:12 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ May 16 2016, 05:06 AM) *

I don't want to make any money but here is a simpler version

8x15s nice condition needs no restoration
7x15 both probably could be redone
Tires p6000 and brand new

So what this means to me very little work and I have nice wheels for my project car that requires very little hassle

I would like the same in return but are 7 and 8s in 16inch comparable in price?

I'm pretty sure the 16's are going for about $500 more.
Our shop likes 15's for the look and because it lets the car get down low but I know a lot of guys on world like 16's. Whatever makes you happy.
When I mentioned tire availability, Russo said we will buy Hoosiers and groove them so I guess there's a solution out there for everyone.
mb911
I think the best plan is just run them for now or should I say when the car is running and then trade up later on. I had some of the forged 3 piece that zuffenhaus sells on my turbo when Jeff Alton was offering the group buy they were awesome.. Maybe I will go that route later..
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 25 2016, 02:43 PM) *

I think the best plan is just run them for now or should I say when the car is running and then trade up later on. I had some of the forged 3 piece that zuffenhaus sells on my turbo when Jeff Alton was offering the group buy they were awesome.. Maybe I will go that route later..

We are a dealer for fikse. Even at cost they are pricey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.